Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have VZ comm work car.........POS, feels old, panels don't line up properly, transmission was smoother than VY for about 5000km, now feels just the same as VX/VY. On-board computers are inaccurate, been "fixed" 3 times and still doesn't work properly, Alloytec motor sounds shocking and has less low down torque than old motor, makes the transmission feel even worse because it is reluctant to kick down, so the motor labours.........VE can't come soon enough. We have a 380 fleet car, is much more refined, a bit boring but a better car (as it should be, much newer). Mitsi needs to be a bit more flamboyant with 380 to make people actually WANT it, rather than accept it as a good car but damn boring.....I don't know who buys all those super-boring Camrys.
    Astra Sri Turbo - going, going.................gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sasrit
    I don't know who buys all those super-boring Camrys.
    health dept. moms and Grampars, and a taxi co. in north Perth
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With petrol heading for 2 bucks a litre and the new Commodore packing on another couple of hundred kilos (so i read somewhere), I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see Holden get as desperate to move the VE as Mitsubishi are to move the 380.
    Astra SRiT

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 180HOA
    With petrol heading for 2 bucks a litre and the new Commodore packing on another couple of hundred kilos (so i read somewhere), I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see Holden get as desperate to move the VE as Mitsubishi are to move the 380.
    You have to remember that more commodores are exported then what are sold here. So if the VE isn't a sales success here any losses can be offset by export sales.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bill142
    You have to remember that more commodores are exported then what are sold here. So if the VE isn't a sales success here any losses can be offset by export sales.
    I thought they were only exporting around half the volume sold here? I'm also thinking that because the viability of Falcodores in Australia is heavily dependant on fleets and government (who only really care about the $ the things cost to own over a lease term) the writing's pretty much on the wall. As soon as fleet/govt buyers calculate it costs less to own a corolla/astra/viva/whatever than a Falcodore, there goes half the domestic sales volumes for the big cars. All the while private (domestic and export) sales are also going to be affected by rising fuel prices (we have the 3rd cheapest fuel in the world, behind the US and Canada). I imagine both these scenarios would have a pretty catastrophic impact on the viability of the Commodore.

I hate to say it, but I will be very impressed if Australia still builds cars in ten years time. I find it ironic that all the lip-service (Holden especially) paid to environmental issues and efficiency can't now be turned into a product that can salvage sales volumes. Whatever happened to that hybrid VT 'prototype' they paraded around almost ten years ago? Oh that's right, they put all their energy into the Monaro and Adventra...
    Astra SRiT

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I dont know how they expect fleet sales to keep them going...

when I was working for the EPA last year, a memo came thru Facilities/Fleet Management stating that they would no longer be getting 6 cylinders from Q Fleet. Apparently, most Government agencies in QLD have been told this, the only time a 6 or 8 Cylinder vehicle will be given out, is for special usage (eg QLD PARKS AND WILDLIFE/EPA - DNR) with LandCruisers and utes.

Otherwise, the EPA and most other depts vehicle fleet is mostly comprised of Lancers, Camry (4 Cyl) and Astra's.

So ... unless it's just the QLD way, I hope they aren't expecting too much from fleet sales/leases.
    Last edited by CJB; 29th April 2006 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 380 is a good quality car, just let down in the looks department and poor marketing. Also a little bit more grunt wouldn't hurt, particularly the GT, does it really deserve the GT tag? One main problem though is it's aesthetics, it isn't different enough to the previous Magna. Sure it is different, but at first glance, particular from the front it still says Magna. And yes at around the 28k mark now for the base, it is a steal. Once VE hits the market though it will struggle even more, and as this is the car that is to save Mitsubishi Australia, the future looks unfortunately bleak.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wundering know when the Police are going to follow on and if we are going to start seeing Corrolas, Subaru RX's, and other smaller endgine Police cars like in the UK.

DId any one see the cost cutting add in the paper today. SV6 down to 33K
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WA04SXI
    DId any one see the cost cutting add in the paper today. SV6 down to 33K
    Reason SV6 would be down to 33k or there abouts is because they are beginning to run out VZ stock as the VE will be in showrooms as of July and on sale as of August.
    Last edited by MatsHolden; 29th April 2006 at 08:37 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every one is cutting cost and the amout of extras in the car compared to when they ran out the last model I just think they have to many in stock pile.

Thread Information