Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the VXR potentially being only 4-5 weeks away i hope to see HSV release some more information on their website.!!
    Last edited by RudeOne; 7th August 2006 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RudeOne
    The other issue i find hard to swallow with the WRX is the insurance when you are under 25!!!
    Ive got a feeling the VXR wont be that cheap or easy to insure if your under 25. those 3 letters HSV will push the prices up.

Shaun
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i doubt it mate, but we will see closer to the date.

The wrx has a un-usually higher then normal risk profile due to the number of write-off's and thefts - something that hsv's probably don't have... but i could be wrong (hope not).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I totally agree that the WRX has really really outdated interior, but its still functional, and with some practical useable space. Been driving the AH Astra for 1.5 yrs now, I can say storage space is pathetic.. and unluckily, the VXR is going to be the same. Click here to enlarge

Would be nice to see VXR offer some space improvement to the VXR like a bigger and a useable cupholder on the door (to replace the useless one we got for the AH at the moment) and some in dash storage areas.. But I know its going to be very unlikely that we will ever get them, given the VXR in the UK is still troubled by the lack of storage space. Click here to enlarge

Look wise, the VXR is the killer!

I have a feeling that the VXR is going to have an insurance cost of equal or higher than the REX.... reasons are that the standard wheels are 19inch, its a HSV, a pricier car, higher power to weight ratio... but seriously don't know how insurance company work out their prices.

Sammy
    Last edited by sammykkwok; 7th August 2006 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh you can bet that the VXR will be about equal on the insurance front with the WRX. As Shaun said because it is an HSV that'll jack it up and also because it is a turbo...
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden
    Yeh you can bet that the VXR will be about equal on the insurance front with the WRX. As Shaun said because it is an HSV that'll jack it up and also because it is a turbo...
    not neccessarily..

its more to do with claims than the brand

i.e. my turbo cost ~$200 more to insure than std astra

sammykkwok- purchase price of a car has little to do with the premiums, i know that i can insure a new bmw 3 series for the same price as my astra and a Porsche Boxster is cheaper to insure than a sti/evo

why? lower claims because bmw/porsche drivers are less likely to be careless with their cars and scrap/crash it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the VXR only comes in 2 door version it'll also cop further hatred from insurance companies... Click here to enlarge

It'll be interesting to see how much more to insure it is than the XR5T, which by all accounts has been very reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu
    not neccessarily..

its more to do with claims than the brand

i.e. my turbo cost ~$200 more to insure than std astra

sammykkwok- purchase price of a car has little to do with the premiums, i know that i can insure a new bmw 3 series for the same price as my astra and a Porsche Boxster is cheaper to insure than a sti/evo

why? lower claims because bmw/porsche drivers are less likely to be careless with their cars and scrap/crash it
    I agree with you here.

I actually had a reduction when i upgraded from my 2.2lt to my 2.0turbo with racq!!! go figure that one out.!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had a reduction when i upgraded from my 2.2lt to my 2.0turbo with racq!!! go figure that one out.!!
    are you over 25?

that is very strange Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you here.

I pay $1300 in Mt Annan Sydney NSW. Im 25 though thats for my current SRi Turbo. Just car were the only ones that would insure it apart from the NRMA who wanted $3,500 to insure it. The also told me i wouldnt beat there price and and no one else would insure mine. Funny that Justcar beat them and insured mine....
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Thread Information