Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bill142
    If you can do all that, what would be the odds of you writing a tech 2 emulator?
    ...complete with CAN support for a Vectra C please Click here to enlarge

Probably the hardest bit would be reverse engineering GM's protocols, especially without having access to a real Tech 2 for sniffing the communications...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure its possible....

but it would not be very easy!!! as stevedee3 said you would need a real tech 2 to see how it communicates. the things ive looked at dont really use can bus or anything like what the tech 2 uses, just the signal cables. the chips i use do support can bus, and have instructions and everything there to work with can busses. i havent looked into it at all, i saw it, thought thats interesting had a quick look but i think thats can busses as a general thing, you would need to know what communications the car uses and all of that stuff, without it it could be quite difficult.
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

OpelAus Forum Regular caspers turbo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds greeat clint, put me down 4 one when there made
    Soon to be for sale, 2003 SRiT in silver, 160,000k's, all in all a tidy well maintained car. All reasonable offers considered.Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will personally kiss you ifyou can figure out how to display the MAP sensor outputs. It does pressure and temperature.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would be sweet, boost and/or intake temp instead of average km's or temp or sumptin like that in the multi info.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another suggestion ive had is to flash the headlights twice when unlocking the car. a demo of that is here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...t+race&pl=true

skip forward to 4:25 and you'll see it

just remembered something a guy at work said i should do, make the hazard lights flash 3 quick flashes, pause 2 quick flashes, pause... not sure about that one tho... lol, might look cool but doubt that is anything legal
    Last edited by Clint; 22nd April 2006 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok here's a really important 1, send a pulse down the t/c s/w circuit like 5 sec after the motor starts to disable the t/c. it's a pain in the arse Click here to enlarge
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha thats gold! but surely is possible... ill remember that and add it in as an option that is turned off by default. hey can anyone suggest a way of turning features on and off? this is until i get a screen hooked up to the unit and some buttonsClick here to enlarge but until then i was thinking maybe just make it so for example to turn on or off the feature of auto headlights, turn headlight switch on and off twice with the ignition on, then turn ignition off, turn ignition on again, then turn headlight switch on and off twice, all within 10 seconds or so. or in matts case, i will have his tc feature disabled by default, and to switch on or off the feature you will have ignition on, press tc button twice, ignition off then on, press tc twice, all within 10 seconds or so.

can anyone see a problem with what i suggested? any way it might be accidentally be used, the combination used to turn a feature on or off has to be something that you will never do, and i cant think of any time you will do something twice, turn ignition off, on, do it twice again, within 10 seconds. or to make it even more safe so that u dont accidentally do it make ignition on, [what i previously said], ignition off. that should never be accidentally done.

when i get some time i am going to get this working with the radio line on the TID display or MID or whatever screens are in these cars. that way there could be a menu to turn options on and off. much simpler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Clint
    hahaha thats gold! but surely is possible... ill remember that and add it in as an option that is turned off by default. hey can anyone suggest a way of turning features on and off?
    dip switches
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pred8r
    dip switches
    lol thats right.... i have a 16 pin bank of dip switches here, i forgot about that.. in the start i was using a chip with 13 inputs/outputs, and bought a bank of dip switches, so i was running out of input and outputs as it was, definately no room for dip switches. but not i am using a different chip which should have enough ports for that.... thanks for the idea! i completely forgot i had bought some dip switches just 2 weeks ago for that sole purpose

Thread Information