Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont like it, looks too much like the falcon, and the side lines look daewoooooo like and the grille i get it but not really, looks more lexus grille or lack there of anyway.

as for being fwd no they aint well i dont think that they are, but there will be one soon though, they were thinking about it after the VT but decided against it as us aussies love our rwd cars.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    us aussies love our rwd cars.

SSS_Hoon[/quote]
    here here

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think the commonwhore will ever be FWD

I think the car will look a hell of a lot better in the flesh, i agree that these impressions are pretty sh!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would the commodore be made fwd? when they are gonna put a 6 litre v8 in it?? you'd tear the front end off!!..

did you really expect any less than it too look like the falcon a little?? remember the falcon model before the BA?? flop! then the BA comes out and BAMM everyone loves them, i never liked a ford before in my life till the BA came out.. it's only logical for holden to alter their design completley as ford did..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at a design conference in Melbourne the other day and a Holden designer said they will never go to front wheel drive, it's their edge over the local rivals to Commodore from Toyota and Mitsubishi who struggle to tap into the large car market in Australia because of the FWD. Australian's love rear wheel drive and Holden's export customers such as the middle-east love big rear wheel drive vehicles. Also, GMH Chairman, Denny Mooney, says that "our new rear-wheel-drive architecture is the main candidate for future American rear-wheel-drive products".

On the styling side of things, lets just wait until the car is officially released by GMH before getting to carried away with the comments. As someone said earlier, they are digital represenations of what someone (not from GMH) believes it will look like.

In terms of it looking like a Falcon, maybe the headlight's look Falconish but again we'll have to wait until the REAL car is released. It's nothing new that designers take styling cues from other cars, as designers do move around companies a fair bit. Anyone notice the Toyota Aurion released at the Melbourne Motor Show this year looked somewhat like a BA Falcon? No surprise, considering the designer that headed up the styling team on the Aurion project worked on BA Falcon.
    Last edited by MatsHolden; 7th April 2006 at 05:21 PM.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holden has been designated the lead rear wheel drive development centre. Why on earth would they go a build a front wheel drive. I would imagine the architecture is such that AWD can be accomodated with relative ease unlike on the out going model where it was adapted with sacrefices being made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the commodore is going to ROCK!!!! The head job may look a bit like a ford BA falcon, the side may look a bit like the Ford focus, or the overall look like a Deawoo.. So what??? It is still the new Commodore!!! And it looks handsome!!!!

Rear wheel drive will always be there for the Commodore, it is one of the original characteristic of the Commodore... I'm sure whoever driven a Commodore before, you will remember the rear wheel burn out and the excitment you get out of it. Its the main feature of the car and it will always be there!!!!

I'm pretty confident that it will be a TRUE FRAGSHIP of all Commodore!!!!!

Sammy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah my vn loved burning rubber, however my brothers old vt didnt like spinning at all..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo
    yeah my vn loved burning rubber, however my brothers old vt didnt like spinning at all..
    VT is heavier, therefore harder to get spinning.

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden
    VT is heavier, therefore harder to get spinning.
    try harder, son

Thread Information