Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra
    Anyone who choses a poxy SUV over a 380 (or Falcon/Commodore) to transport a family around has rocks in their heads. Especially one running on LPG!
    Definitely!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning gentleman (yes its morning for me - working graveyard shift this week) Click here to enlarge

thank you all for a fantastic responses (THATS WHAT FORUM DISCUSSIONS ARE ALL ABOUT, thank you)

Kurt, my dealer! (Holden dealer that is) You are right in every word, its your forum and your beliefs (i knew you were capable of a half page reply - and a GOOD reply that is - Bravo!)... I had a Holden Calais (VT Series II) V8, $67,000 paid for it (leather, mags, cruise, sun roof, premium sound, climate control all that)... for over 2 years my (and other) Holden service department could not find the reason why my right foot (trouses, socks and shoes) were getting wet each time it rained (?!) (one professional gentelman from the service department accused me of driving with my window open - but what?! with my right foot out the window at the same time???) Plus other "gremlins" throughout the ownership. so yes, i would have to say...next time i can afford $60,000 for four rubber wheels, sheet metal and premium stereo, it will be "BMW to the test" Click here to enlarge

as for family car when i finally have a family i will just buy a Mitsubishi 380 (the 4 cylinder version, ha) purely for eceonomy

in that, i wish the new VE all the best and many sales, at this time however one of them will not be from me, many awards (Australian awards that is) and pole positions at the race...(hopefully we can see the Aurion being allowed to race with the V8's - will be interesting, maybe even Mitsubishi will give it a go?!)

take care people...

ps.

"kurt, what is a soap box???"

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey Marc.

Glad to see u didn't take offence at my post, was a little worried there Click here to enlarge

Shame to hear about the problems u had with ur Calais, i really think that with the VE there will be less probems than ever before. *Fringers Crossed*

In regards to the soap box thingie i believe it comes from old days when people who wanted to make an announcemnt would turn over a wodden box and stand on it. The wooden box just happened to be the box that soap was transported in.

So now when someone has a point to get across its known as getting standing on a soap box .

If i'm wrong someone correct me, but i think thats the main part of it Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fellow Opelaus Team member... i will never get offended at any kind of replies to my posts\treads..that's the whole idea of forums and discussions...civilised and courties.

I actually enjoyed reading and absorbing all the information, i also got to know your views and believes regarding a particular subject.

As for the Calais, that's OK, its all an experiance...just like with anything else...buying a particular brand of milk for eg (not exactly, but you get my point) Click here to enlarge

please understand, i am a devoted car enthusiast...being brought up in Eastern Europe (under Kommunist regime) for many years i drooled over "illegaly" imported posters and car catalouges from the "evil" West (i even had a poster of a plain jane VW Golf series I in my room! that's how deprived we were...ha ha)

so coming to Australia and purchasing my first "true" car was a special event (back in Poland you had to have a lot of money, friends in the Kommunist party and a special permit to purchase a car - FSO 125p, FSO POLONEZ or the FSM 126p)
    i was officially Australised (forget the Citizenship Ceremony!) ofter being exposed to meat pies, the lamington and victoria bitter, i was the proud owner of HOLDEN KINGSWOOD!! (then its just history... Holden Commodores, Ford Falcons etc etc)

i still have my 5 year collection of Street Commodores Magazine, (almost every issue) and am a strong supporter of the V8 Supercars event!

but with the ever growing price of petrol (and affects of it on every day finances) i have decided to shift my "exploration" in motoring to something more affordable and "new" (i see strong following in the 4 cyl market now...Australians are getting closer and closer to the European markets and distancing themselves from the American...i might be wrong but with the recent unveiling of the Fiat in Australia i have been very suprised how the wheels have turned)

Ok, enough of my sob story... lets get back to the subject here - VE COMMODORE!

Is it true the Commodore station wagon is no more? i could not see it at the inveiling on the weekend...

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the current VZ wagon will get a small update to become the VZE and will continue until 2007/8

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i guess some would buy a 380.. but that would be those who didnt give 2 hoots about panel gap and consistency of fit/finish from either end of teh car... next time you look at one, look at the panel gap from the rear 1/4 to the rear dopoor...now look at the gap between the rear 1/4 and the bumper...something's a bit of a miss there.... I much prefer teh superseeded Magna to the 380. But that's just me.
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VE pricing

Holden have released some specification details and pricing on the VE range...looks pretty sharp pricing.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/1908271.aspx
    '03 Silver Astra City 5 door

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marcinkozinski
    4. car design that will create jobs here in Australia and not Korea (or soon to be imported from China)
    I'm coming from a different angle here, I know you are referring to sourcing components from Australia rather than overseas but I think that's more of an economic issue. I'm coming from a designers point of view and how jobs in the design departments of Australian automotive manufacturers are booming. The work Australian automotive designers are producing is being recognised as world class, particularly with Holden. Holden at the end of 2005 increased staff in the design centre from 107 to 176, a massive leap showing at how these designs are allowing for more jobs. It can only improve as Holden now take on a global role in design programs for General Motors world wide as a result of Holden design being recognised as world class. Also Toyota is just beginning to increase its design staff.

So I guess my point is that jobs may be lost due to Australian manufacturers sourcing components from overseas but this not really being a fault of the design, but rather what the people in charge of the dollars decide. Design is actually creating jobs.
    Last edited by MatsHolden; 18th July 2006 at 10:48 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information