Threaded View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marcinkozinski
    4. car design that will create jobs here in Australia and not Korea (or soon to be imported from China)
    I'm coming from a different angle here, I know you are referring to sourcing components from Australia rather than overseas but I think that's more of an economic issue. I'm coming from a designers point of view and how jobs in the design departments of Australian automotive manufacturers are booming. The work Australian automotive designers are producing is being recognised as world class, particularly with Holden. Holden at the end of 2005 increased staff in the design centre from 107 to 176, a massive leap showing at how these designs are allowing for more jobs. It can only improve as Holden now take on a global role in design programs for General Motors world wide as a result of Holden design being recognised as world class. Also Toyota is just beginning to increase its design staff.

So I guess my point is that jobs may be lost due to Australian manufacturers sourcing components from overseas but this not really being a fault of the design, but rather what the people in charge of the dollars decide. Design is actually creating jobs.
    Last edited by MatsHolden; 18th July 2006 at 11:48 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information