What car is that?
    Got any more pics mate?

Good to see antoher eyelidded mofo.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the comment, yes i sprayed painted the lights with NiteShades - hard to get in Aust cause their illegal, easy to get on ebay though. Also sprayed the 3rd brake light and side blinkers. The eye lids are also sprayed painted with the NiteShades, just applied many layers to blacken them out but the blinker still shines through no probs.

And for the guy that doesn't know what car this is - Astra AH 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i must warn you about your wheels..

i got pulled over the othernight and got booked for not carrying my license.. what a night with a $75 fine and threats to be arrested.

The rude bastard copper said my wheels where illegal and they are only 18" 7.5 which can be bought from factory.. look it up because you might have some trouble with coppers.

btw your car looks awsome :P

OpelAus Forum Addict BassyAstra's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dustbug
    thanks for the comment, yes i sprayed painted the lights with NiteShades - hard to get in Aust cause their illegal, easy to get on ebay though. Also sprayed the 3rd brake light and side blinkers. The eye lids are also sprayed painted with the NiteShades, just applied many layers to blacken them out but the blinker still shines through no probs.

And for the guy that doesn't know what car this is - Astra AH 2005
    Yeah man i know that, as you can see ive had that aswell...

I was reffering to 3 or 5 door, cd , cdx.
    And i know its not cdxi cause the pic above, no foggies.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eld0ra
    i must warn you about your wheels..

i got pulled over the othernight and got booked for not carrying my license.. what a night with a $75 fine and threats to be arrested.

The rude bastard copper said my wheels where illegal and they are only 18" 7.5 which can be bought from factory.. look it up because you might have some trouble with coppers.

btw your car looks awsome :P
    HEY,
    Bugga doesnt sound good at all, i wouldn't think coppers would pull over astra's as they ain't typical hoon cars. What happened with the wheels? did they fine you cause i know my wheels are defects cause the tyres don't comply to load rating and i can't get the correct tyres for load ratings cause it'll rub on the guards. Going for a cruise Friday nite around Sydney with mates, we'll see if i get pulled over or not :S

BTw put some pics up of your car - looks good~!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got pulled over cos it was a random breath test.. unfortunately i didn't have my license on me so i got out of the car and they made me go to the main cop car to check registration of the car (which is under my name) and to see if i had a license or not. So i gave them my details and they said my license didn't exist on the database which is bulll**** cos i just went to get my green p's not long ago and spent $101 for the test and new license. They said that they can arrest me and would have to call up the paddy wagan car to take me down to the station to get finger prints done and my parents called in to identify me and that it would all be in my record. i was like... :O

I was quiet and not talking back or anything.. trying to be a cooperative as possible in a nice way but he was still being an absolute prick to me.. after that he asked me if i bought the car with those wheels or not.. and i answered back honestly that i didn't. Then he asked me if i knew my wheels were illegal and i said i'm sure they aren't because they guy i bought them off told me they were legal for the car. Then he asked me how much i bought them for and i said 2 grand and his like why would they tell you if they were illegal.. they wouldn't get the sale otherwise. but anyways i know for a fact they aren't illegal because i researched into it.. as long as you can buy the wheel size as a factory option its legal and of course you can get the 18"s as an option for the astra h.. but i didn't actually mention this to him because i reckon he would of arrested me and defected my car if i was being a smart ass so i kept my mouth shut. then another copper interupted and gave me a $75 fine for not carrying my license which i thought was reasonable considering its my fault. I also asked him what i was suppose to do if i do have a legit license and its not showing up on the system. but then he said it was showing up on the computer. It was interesting to witness this good cop bad cop thing that you always see happening in the movies. he then walked me back to my car and then it was all over.. The bad cop didn't do anything about my wheels really.. he just walked off and continued abusing other drivers.

anyways, i still felt very interigated and shocked that a policeman would actually threatern to arrest me and accused me of lying about my license.

sorry for the long story that probably didn't make sense :P

but yeah.. my first experience with cops because of sexy astra that they were probably just jealous about Click here to enlarge

here is a picture of the car btw
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by eld0ra; 5th April 2006 at 06:43 PM.

OpelAus Forum Addict BassyAstra's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crazy story!
    did u actually pay 2 grand for the rims & tyres?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorta.... :P but i could of gotten them for $1600 but i didn't want to

NSW Cruise Co-ordinator maloo97's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eld0ra
    sorta.... :P but i could of gotten them for $1600 but i didn't want to
    Why not ? if they were the same. - You would have saved $400.
    Last edited by maloo97; 5th April 2006 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cos i got them on finance.. ment to be interest free but the extra 400 is the interest.. stupid how money is.. but yeah.. i'm not to worried anyways..

Thread Information