Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That front end is seriously fugly. Like the old Vectra, then Click here to enlarge
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun
    its looks Good. Much better then the current Series Vectra in Australia. But in saying that the Series 2 Vectra overseas is a lot more refined now too.
    I liked the current vectra/baby cadillac shape

OT the 300C looks bentley-ish, wouldnt mind one of them
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun
    Those headlamps look like BMW 5 Series headlamps.

those headlights (on the blue car) actually look like they are off the up comging VW Golf Hardtop convertible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would release a car based off the Torana. That looked like such a fresh car... If those VE "chops" in one of the recent "Wheels" magazines are anything to go off, I'm actually pretty excited to see what the VE will look like, as from memory it looked pretty closely linked to the Torana concept also...
    RANDOM VIN DIESEL FACT:Vin Diesel is bald because even his hair is afraid of him.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alfonzo
    I wish they would release a car based off the Torana. That looked like such a fresh car... If those VE "chops" in one of the recent "Wheels" magazines are anything to go off, I'm actually pretty excited to see what the VE will look like, as from memory it looked pretty closely linked to the Torana concept also...
    Yeh the VE is closely linked to the Torana in terms of it's aesthetic design, as the Torana was put out there to assess public reaction to the future of Holden design, hinting at what the all new VE will look like.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holden are certainly doing some cost cutting!

The monaro is gone, I highly doubt they will put the torana into production let alone the turbo V6 (which I would buy in an instant) to compete with fords animal. I was never really into ford, but holden got complacent because they were on top for so long and thought they were untouchable. They didn't realise that Ford and other manufactures had lifted there game in a big way. Now Holdens paying for there ignorance.

The ZC Vectra would have been a huge success if Holden had negotiated the pricing with Opel better than they did. This car was marked from day one becuase of this. First impressions are hard to change.

The Commodore, these not even 1 decent colour in the range. The "new" 6.0L V8 is using technology from the 1950's. Yeah it might have throttle control and a few other bits but it's still a single cam push rod for god sake.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Holden man, but they've had the day for now

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats wrong with a push rod?

I like Impulse blue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zoidberg
    The Commodore, these not even 1 decent colour in the range. The "new" 6.0L V8 is using technology from the 1950's. Yeah it might have throttle control and a few other bits but it's still a single cam push rod for god sake.
    The reason it is still push rod and not DOHC like Holden wanted to build for VT is that a 6.0L 90 degree V8 with DOHC would not fit in half the cars that it would be designed for. TOD and Variable inlet and exhaust cams will be in the LS2 for VE...
    2003 Silver Astra SRi-T

• Electric Sunroof
    • 3" Dump, 2 1/2" Flex, Hi-Flow Cat & Exhaust
    • Custom Dyno Flash Tune (1 Bar)
    • Bailey Dump Valve

• 136.2 KW @ 5800 RPM
    • 278 NM @ 4100 RPM
    • 14.088 1/4 @ 99.88 MPH
    [CENTER]

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no more vectras

At the moment the vectra is parked in the garage as I use the CDX Astra company car. Our company is planning on changing the fleet to Vivas (the base model , with no ABS). Holden have lost me as a customer if they expect me to buy their re-badged Korean rubbish. As for the company Viva, the fleet manger has an argument on his hands at the moment.

MFL

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we wont be getting this one?? This concept looks so dame hot! Freakin holden.
    Click here to enlarge

Korea should just stick to there high quality electronic products and beautiful woman and not make cars.

Thread Information