Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rusole21
    being anal about cars is so annoying. buying new kills cos from the day you drive out the car is never going to be good again. aaaahhhhhhh
    i stress soooo much about my wheels. 17s that scratch if you look at a curbClick here to enlarge
    Obviously you're not looking hard enough if they end up scratched! Click here to enlarge
    Astra SRiT

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 180HOA
    Obviously you're not looking hard enough if they end up scratched! Click here to enlarge
    hahaha, I had the same problem though.

Just got 17"s from 15"s and in the entire 12 months I had the 15"s no gutter rash (and no tyre valve cap stealings) but now I have the 17"s both have happened. It's annoying.

ahh, acidic bug guts Click here to enlarge no wonder the marks seem to be imprinted. I need a bonnet respray - 01CDsedan - do you get stone chips from highways?

I am always driving along with cattle trucks and poo and rocks fly out all the time. Makes a hell of a mess, and I have a stone chip on my actual Opel front chrome grille Click here to enlarge That's going to be impossible to fix.

Oh, and lucky you dont live in Ipswich - when I was working at a supermarket one of the trolley boys was fired for letting 10 trolleys run down a hill and smack into some ladies Camry.

Another thing I was thinking about when I was at the shops this morning, try and park next to a nice clean, expensive car - because you know they wouldn't risk their car to hit yours. Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice =PaRty_PR!nce$$='s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mate,

Sorry to hear Click here to enlarge bout the damage.

You've had a bloody good run though. After 2days in mine, some idiot opened the back doors of his 4WD into the hatch of my car. Left a nasty dint there and all he could say was, you parked 2 close 2 me(those who dont know me, i work in a shopping centre - i start at 8.30 in the morning, when there are barely any cars parked there anyway! and no, he wasnt there when i got there).

Helpful hint: its basically like everyone has said, park next to a pole, if possibly against a back wall or somethin, that way the back and one of the sides of ya car are at least protected.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno. Canberran's can be pretty ignorant to their surroundings. Could have something to do with the fact that there are less of us and our car parks aren't (usually) like a can of sardines.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bill142
    I dunno. Canberran's can be pretty ignorant to their surroundings. Could have something to do with the fact that there are less of us and our car parks aren't (usually) like a can of sardines.
    That's not Canberrans, it's just people in general...
    Astra SRiT

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do get stone chips from highways, but not too many, as the Canberra to Sydney run is fairly good with not too many stones and so on flying about the place. My bigger problem is acidic bug guts. Having said that, my in laws came down on Friday in their '03 TS CDX and copped a stone in the windscreen which has opened up a 20cm long crack Click here to enlarge

It might have a lot to do with Canberra, though - my parents' ZC Vectra CDX has a lot more 'battle damage' than my Astra does, and they live in SW Sydney.
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehehehe, well, you aint seen nothing until fresh cow turd comes flying at you Click here to enlarge

but yes, acidic bug guts seems to be the problem that affects us all. And is it just me, or do they seem to hit the car more often just after a wash?

Bugs, dents, poop, it all wrecks the car!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 01CDsedan
    I suppose I should be thankful in having had such a good run with it...but while washing the Astra today (5/01 build TS CD sedan), I came across the first dent in its side caused by wayward shopping trolleys/carelessly opened doors etc in four and a half years of ownership.

Just a small one, with a corresponding paint chip, on the rear quarter panel about 10cm behind the rear door. Right on the crease line that runs down the side of the TS Astra.

I guess the run of good luck in carparks had to end sometime (if you exclude the time it got hit by another car in a hospital carpark and I had to get the rear bumper resprayed). Still ****s me though. (And let's not talk about the bug marks that won't come off and paint chips on the front end after 131,000km of mostly highway driving).

It's a much better run than I had with the Gemini, though - in that car, I must have picked up about a dozen of them in four years. Then again, I used to work in retail at the time and the Gemini was noticeably less solid than the Astra is.
    Wow! Your so lucky!

I bought a brand new Astra h and in 1 week i got a dent on the side at eastgardens shopping centre from some ****head banging their door into my car! To many careless people around in sydney and it ****s me even when i try to park where there are no cars.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People don't go up to your house and just start denting things, so why should they do it to your car and not feel the same way.

I hate when people say "Chill, it's just a car".

Yes it is just a car - but it's very expensive to fix, looks bad when you dent it, and is representation of yourself to the world. Not to mention it's YOUR hard earned money that is paying for it.

That's the way I see it. So if anyone felt the need to purposely dent my car, I'd feel the need to just 'dent' something of theirs they value.

(had experiences with people like this, funny though, when they got a brand new car suddenly they adopted the same views... *sigh*)

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the "it's just a car" attitude.

Yeah, I mean it's only the second most expensive purchase most people make in their lifetimes, behind only houses. Why would you feel the need to take good care of an asset worth many thousands of dollars? Thrash it, treat it like crap, don't wash it, get it dented in the carpark, don't service it and then wonder why your resale value is shot five years later...

(sarcasm mode off now)
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

Thread Information