Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New Car??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JasonGilholme
    I'm also a fan of hondas. Do you havea link to see the specs or somethin. I can't find anythin on honda.com.au
    www.hondacivic.com.au

Civic Sport:

2.0L 114kW i-VTEC engine
    SRS side, i-SRS front, Curtain Airbags all front and rear
    16" alloy wheels
    Leather trim & sunroof
    4 disc brakes, front vented
    Electric steering (good? you decide Click here to enlarge )
    Fog Lights
    6-stacker in-dash CD player

Pictures don't do this car justice, I'm afraid. I've been watching the development of this replacement (since we own a '96 Civic, I've always been interested in what the reincarnations are like), and when I saw pictures on the internet I was really disappointed we weren't getting the Euro Civic (which, incidentally, looks exactly the same as the initial 2005 concept). However I went down to the local dealership after work last night, and wow, I'm very impressed. The dash is just unbelievably unique, while it may take some getting used to I think it's incredible. You simply must see this car in person.

Between your three picks, I'd leave the Lancer out. Mitsubishi are really hanging on through promises of huge warranties and massive discounts. I received the Brisbane's Best Car Buys magazine in the junk mail the other day - Toowong Mitsubishi are offering MASSIVE - as in up to $17,000 - off new cars!! Just to get sales! Look at what they've slapped on the Lancer to get people to buy it, and notice they're selling that WITH all those accessories - for only $500 more than a bog stock Lancer LS MIVEC.

I wish I could say something bad about the SP23 (I really like the new Civic, lmao), but I can't. It's a great car. If you ever needed a reason to knock the shortlist down to a final two, there's your reason above. But I can't help any more - the SP23 is a very nice car.
    RANDOM VIN DIESEL FACT:Vin Diesel is bald because even his hair is afraid of him.

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, go drive them both, hmm, i dont mind that purple blackish colour the Civic comes in either

damn shame we dont get the lush hatch!

OpelAus Enthusiast JasonGilholme's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chances are ill get the civic.

I went down to the dealer yesterday and sat in one and was immediately blown away. The dash is sweet, The steering wheel looks awesome and the rest of the interior isn't too bad. I only sat the the VTI (the cheapest one) and it still blew me away. I can't wait to go for a test drive in the sport mid week.

Jase
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do me and yourself a favour and drive the polo gti too. unless its too small for you...

wheels magazine just did their full review on the polo gti its out right now....
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend the Polo Gti as well.. Biased as I own one but it has the same solid feel that my old Astra SRi had. But the Polo is far quicker.

The Civic looks very good in Sport trim. Too big for me but I have a feeling that it will be a better overall car than the SP23.

If you are doing lots of Kms i doubt the SP23 is the car to have. CC is optional and the road noise is atrocious. Much worse than the Astra.

You could be adventourous and try the new model Citroen C4 5 door VTR manual with the 2L engine. Only $30K. Think you can optiona JBL stereo in it as well as HID headlights etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having just bought my sri turbo on the weekend, i can tell you its significantly faster than the polo and not far off the cliosport for speed and handling. I dont like the dash plastics that much, but the rest of the car is faaaantastic Click here to enlarge
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if ur wanting a great handling car either go for the DC2 or DC5 Honda Integra Type R, DC2 u can get them for just over $20k, or DC5 for just under $30, and they are a great car.
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information