Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fitting them.. takes about an hour or so the first time... i say first time cause i put them on but took them out straight when i finished. just as i finished dad got home and said oh yea as i was leaving (he left just as i was starting to install them) i forgot to tell u they wont be legal to use on australian roads and i was going to call u but i forgot. the reason is the way the low beam is, on LHD cars the low beam is horizontal to the left and then angles up to the right, so on australian roads this is backwards, the light will be angled up into the oncoming drivers eyes. sooo to install the stock headlights was a 15 min job 2nd time.

so we took them apart, they are just sealed with some very strong glue and a few clips, took the lense on the low beam off, unscrewed the plate which reduces the light on one side and flipped it over. at that time on friday i went out and just got home now. dad has glued them all back together and they are ready to go back in Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge i was thinking he was going to leave it til i get home to put them back together cause the old glue was really stuck on well and would have been very hard to get off but he must have done it today or last niteClick here to enlarge very excited now lol ill be going out soon to put them in.

those ones were the cheapest ones ive seen on ebay, all up i think. all up including the lights, postage and $20 international money transfer fee it was $400. then a bit of work to change the low beam around and $20 for some glue, forget the name of the stuff i got, started with S. but i am very happy with them.

ill get some pics when they're in, maybe tonight if i get time.

and about the angel eyes and leds, they are more of a very light blue/purple/kinda white. im not sure how that will go if a cop is in a bad mood. until i know 100% definate it is legal i think i will replace 1 led on each side with a pure white led, and have only it wired to the parkers, and put the rest of the leds and angel eyes on a seperate switch.
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that adr page doesnt say too much, basically on each rule it says the of this rule is to make blah suit blah regulation. but doesnt state the regulatiuon or what is says u can and cant do.

also saw this...

ADR 24 - Tyre & Rim Selection
    The function of this Australian Design Rule is to specify requirements for tyres and 'Rims' appropriate to vehicle load capacity, 'Rim' size and speed characteristics.

This rule will cease to have effect from 1 January 2005.

does that mean after 1 janurary 2005 there is no rule saying u cant have rims 2" larger than stock size or whatever it is? but then again even if u could have bigger rims by law insurance probably wouldnt allow it
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

Thread Information