For those shopping for tyres on your astra, this is my opinion on the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2.

Was- 195/60R15 Dunlop SP Sport 200E 88H A A A

Currently - 205/50R16 Goodyears 87W A A A - 2,000kms done

In comparison, the goodyears have offered slightly better grip, much better high speed stability (W rated cf H), and their stiffer sidewalls have given the car less body movement. Wet grip is similar to dry. Tyre wear is normal.

The goodyears however, marginally create more noise, and from the plus fitment, its a firmer ride as you'd expect. The dunlops were more on the quiet side and gave a much better, cushioned ride.

What i haven't found is that the goodyears are not confidence inspiring around corners and gives poorer steering feel compared to the dunlops. The goodyears also gave little warning before they lost their grip. I was hoping to get tyres that stuck to the road with excellent cornering abililty.

For the looks (sidewall and tread), grip and better cornering ability, i would recommend the goodyears over the dunlops, especially when the goodyears turn up to be ~$50 less per tyre.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!