Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20% tint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh* have fun reversing at night.

Seriously, I can never understand why people want to put a knowingly illegal product on your car just to have "heaps dark" windowz. May as well cut your springs as well, it'll get you heaps lowz too, and it's about as legal too.

I had DOT30 on my Lancer, and it was dark enough. Even in direct sunlight. And it was on a white body too. Here:

Without tint (2 hours and 83km old, actually)
    With tint

FYI it was Tint-A-Car Ash Cool.
    RANDOM VIN DIESEL FACT:Vin Diesel is bald because even his hair is afraid of him.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm.. f rom ur picture, you cant see into the sides.. mine during the day you can.

and it doesnt look dat dark from the inside at nite..
    | 2SUS Custom Resprays | Taleb Tyres |

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So darkest legal 30% is definately dark enough then? Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    RANDOM VIN DIESEL FACT:Vin Diesel is bald because even his hair is afraid of him.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there wasnt 30% wen i asked.. only had 35% then next darkest is 20% which is wot i got.
    | 2SUS Custom Resprays | Taleb Tyres |

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    35% is the darkest legal here, and im pretty sure its the same in nsw.

please take into account the different angles your veiwing the tint from... obviously looking at the lancer you are effectively looking through two windows with DOT30 tint on all windows eccept the front.

as for tints, ill be getting mine from TKO in perth and having it sent here. red reflective but legal darkness.

Seriously, I can never understand why people want to put a knowingly illegal product on your car just to have "heaps dark" windowz. May as well cut your springs as well, it'll get you heaps lowz too, and it's about as legal too.
    there are other benefits aswell... the darker tint the less fading and interior will cop, also the vinyl on the doors wont bubble as soon as it would in direct sunlight.
    some tints will also help reflect light and stop it from heating up as much during the day.

no doubt you knew that but just wanted to rain on someones parade like the old 'guru' or some sh*t.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got 3m scotchtint black on mine and its pretty dark. guy who sold it told me it was the darkest legal tint as well (seems to be a trend here) but dunno wat percentage.

kinda odd though, sometimes looks lighter than i remember, then other times it looks darker. either way it's good for security 'cos you can't see in the car

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad, I just checked my reciept. It was 35%. Darkest legal. This one was pretty high up in the UV blocking ability too.

Yes the camera angles are slightly different, this wasn't planned to sway the outcome. It really was dark regardless of the angle, that was just the best picture to display said darkness (as I no longer have the ability to take photos of that car Click here to enlarge )

However no, I didn't want to just "rain on someone's parade". I find it funny that people are just so willing to throw caution into the wind purely so they look better. After we had this discussion also Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Alfonzo; 29th October 2005 at 09:07 PM.

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know what your saying but i dont know of anyone whos been defected yet, not here anyway.
    ive heard stories though sure

im willing to throw caution to the wind because, door cards bubbling is a common problem and redoing the door costs more then replacing a tint after a defect.
    i generally carry a reasonable amount of money in my wallet and a broken window and flogged wallet are more expensive then getting a tint replaced. (if i was to leave it, or my phone and someone broke in...)
    for the newer cars replacing a tint once or twice and maintaining a reasonably nice interior might improve resale etc etc.

its a chance im willing to take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just checked up on the laws about window tint,

your front drivers/ passengers windows can be T35, all other side/rear windows can be as black as u like ( evan painted black ) as long as u have 2 wing mirrors,

also about grey import 4WD's having windows lighter at the front darker at the rear, have a good look at 4WD's, my Dad's Discovery came standard like that as do many of the new toyota 4WD's, i think most mafactures are leading towards this trend at the moment
    If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 7
    minutes, a large pigeon with a wicked case of diahorrea will land on your
    head at 6 :00PM (EST) this afternoon. I know this will occur because it
    actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's
    second husband's cousin's beautician.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make sure you check your own state laws first...
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information