Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's well and good for Europe, but on the whole diesel cars don't sell well here, and for a variety of reasons I hope they never do - apparently the results of diesel fumes combined with Australia's UV conditions would be disastrous if we had the same proportion of diesels here as they do over there.

Petrol is still quite popular in Europe, too. It's not dead yet and won't be for a while, if ever.
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about selling my SRiT but might not having heard these figures.

Option 1. Will be worth more once the H is out - sell it later

Option 2. Don't sell it - it is a ball tearer!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhino, I don't even pick up my AstraT until next month. I though about the new model long and hard, but you won't be seeing a serious performance version until mid to late 2005 (especially not a 3 door)... that's if they bring it over at all.
    As you hint at, I think the current Turbo model will become something of a quiet classic.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2.2L astra goes ALOT faster than motor mag would suggest... I don't know how they got those figures, but they must've been on drugs when testing or something. I've done my own dragging/testing and a supercharged VT commodore (auto) will beat me by my bumper, but only JUST... as in, i can pull in behind him and just miss him @ 100k/hr, likewise with the new adventura holden, i did the exact same thing.. both those car's are in their low 7's for performance and i've clocked my car @ ~8.4s or so for the 0-100 tested by myself, so i will admit, not that accurate....
    However, those new times are pretty poor and i think they will do something about it, surely they can't hope to win the small car class with those figures!
    Astra SRi 2003
    Lumma Grill
    Headlight eyelids
    Colour Coding
    Turbo Mags
    Eibach
    LED dash/interior
    ICE Click here to enlarge
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Thread Information