Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else hate T/C?

I know traction control is a safety feature and all but I can't stand driving with it. Has been raining all week for the last 3-4 weeks, driving through puddles on a straight, I can feel half of the car slowing down (the half that's going through the puddle) and i hate it. What would have happened then if there was no TC?

Thinking of fitting a switch for ages but will do it after exams. I just hate when I don't know what the car is doing or when I don't have control over the car, when TC kicks in the car has a mind of its own.

Anyone else cant stand this?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the veccy i hated it.
    on the astra, once u get used to it, u can use it to ur adventage, tis good then.
    nothing like known when the esp is gonna kick in, so u can pull a 90 deg corner on a dime.
    oh yeah i got esp so prob a bit diff to just tc on the standard astras (i think they got it)
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    REN that's got nothing to do with traction control.

That is nothing more than the act of water providing rolling resistance to the tyre and being slowed. So, turning TC off would not have any effect.

Traction control comes into effect when there is wheel spin and loss of traction.

Also, traction control is not really a safety feature, it merely let's you take off under slippery conditions.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TC is over rated....Basicly a false sence of security for ppl who do not know how to drive and control there viechels in a hairy situation, same with ABS heh btw have you ever driven on a muddy or oily rd with abs, forget about breaking you aint got none, use your hand brake and compensat for the slide......nothing beats correct clutch control for wet take off's. Comeing to think of it TC nearly killed me when i rolled my car partly due to TC THX ALOT. Oh yeah the hand brake helps in 90 and 180 1 point turns dude. BUt rhino is right man rolling resistance caused by water. Go faster you might hydro plain, but i wouldnt try it with TC on, come to think of it i wouldnt even drive a car with TC on unless i can kill it 8)
    sigs are stupid Click here to enlarge

My car goes broom, all 91kw of it !

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you will find in the dry with a manual with tc off you will take off a lot faster :twisted:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rhino
    REN that's got nothing to do with traction control.

That is nothing more than the act of water providing rolling resistance to the tyre and being slowed. So, turning TC off would not have any effect.

Traction control comes into effect when there is wheel spin and loss of traction.

Also, traction control is not really a safety feature, it merely let's you take off under slippery conditions.
    I always thought that this was to do with TC. Driving in other cars, never really felt this happen, well maybe not as evident as in my Astra.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Traction Control on the Vectra's and Astras is actually quite good I find. It still lets the tyres slip and doesn't sap too much engine power. You want to drive a car with a bad traction control system - try any V6 Ecotec Commodore (not the Alloytech ones).

Ryan, I would have to disagree that its not really a safety feature. Multiple times in the Veccy (for experimental purposes :P ), if I've planted it round a corner with the TC on, the light will flash and the car will go around the corner. If I take the same corner at the same speed with the TC off, the car certainly does understeer more and takes a wider line (and if you fully break traction - you just go straight ahead anyway) - so for people who maybe wouldn't realise the car has started to understeer/or are slow to react to it (eg people who are, let say, getting on in years - who are the majority of Vectra drivers Click here to enlarge ) TC is good.

Dave, can you explain exactly how TC rolled your car? Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TC = hated by me

theres a switch to turn it off in the turbo right? why not in the 2.2l sri?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Mark Scaife's out there with lightning reflexes and absolute driving knowledge would be better off without TC and ABS. But for those daily drivers that may not be experienced enough or those that dont have lightning reflexes it really can make the difference between writing themselves off and getting home safely, especially under bad driving conditions.

Anonymous
    i love traction control cos i need it :mrgreen:

Thread Information