Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint touch-ups

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint touch-ups

Got back to my car on Friday afternoon to find that some arsewipe had scratched the side of it when backing out of the space next to me. Of course, there was no note left or anything like that.

The scratch is about 15cm long on my rear bumper and I want to get it repaired. It has scratched right through to the plastic - that is, it has taken off the paint and the primer as far as I can tell.

Is this something one of those mobile touch-up guys would be able to do, or would I be better off taking it to a panel shop? I'm worried about the exact matching of colour and so on, given that it's mica paint.

BTW - if, on the unlikely chance that you scratched a blue Astra at the Calvary Hospital carpark on Friday afternoon in your white car, I hope you get flattened by a bus.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to here that mate :shock: Hopefully you might be able to get away with just a cut & polish, as long as there is no panel damage!

Some people just dont give a flying f@#k that they have wrecked someones else's car.
    Click here to enlarge

Anonymous
    Barney your right there.
    Some fag in a ute reversed into my GF's car a few weeks age, damagin her bonnet. Drove off without a 'Sorry' note atleast. Poor girl just finished paying off her car when this happened, and had to fork out money for someones stupidity.

*** This post has been editied By a Moderator
    Reason: attempted use of foul language by re aranging letters****

Any attempts to re-arrange or deliveratly misspell foul langugage will not be tolerated in the forum*****

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was leaning on my car filling it up with petrol last week when the whole car shook. I turned around just as the guy next to me closed his door and started his car.

I opened his car door "You're not going anywhere are you mate?"

Dented and scratched my car!

Prick was gonna drive off! How brazen can you get?!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gotta be careful with ppl this days, idiots everywere.

I got my first scratch on my baby, its on the left skirt only about 1 cm long but still iam spewing, try to polish it out but i think i need touch up paint.
    Currently Playing:
    SUEDE@VBar Sat nights
    Seductive Fridays Monthly@Space
    Goodies@Goodbar Friday nights

Anonymous
    Well the only thing thats gonna save my car is a re-spray Click here to enlarge
    NOOOOOO

People dont care. They dont want to cough up so they get away.
    What they dont understand is that their cars are too getting scratched in the process. Stoopid retards! :evil:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happened to me too before...

Found a dent and a paint chip on my driver door once from some guy who parked mext to me.

Then i looked at the silver CR-V next to me, and noticed a little red bit of paint on the corner of his rear door. Obviously he just arrived.

So, i waited for him to come back (only around 15mins luckily), got him to open his door, and it lined up with the dent exactly.

No way i was going to let him get away with it.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what doesnt mix -

Raves & Cars

My longest scratch caused by some *HRMMMM* outside an event one night. I even parked in a place that is not a high pedestrian traffic area.
    Nick

MY03 - Astra SRi - Black...Sleek...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anyone actually gone through the process of getting one repaired? I am nursing a battlescar about 5cm long down to the metal. the panel beater quoted me $400 + another 40 cos I wanted the rims touched up while Im there (damn pokey SRI wheels, y r gutters so big these days) i just dont have that sorta money to blow on stuff that wont make my car go faster or look meaner!

Anonymous
    Im gonna talk to our mobile bumper guys tomorrow to see if they can repair the minor damage to my bumper. The jobs ive seen them do on cars like crummydores etc have been good...but dont know about the mica paint.the sales guys(no their not liars!!!!hehehe) tell me they computer colour match the paint which does seem likely these days.Also in the last 2 weeks someone has left a 1cm and deep scratch on the biggest panel of the 3dr Astra(white scratch on blue)...ok its only small but the cars only friggin 6mths onlg god damnit!!(bleating childinshly stamping my feet!!!)

Thread Information