Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dazza015
    ...the cruise control problem took them four tries
    I had a problem where the CC didnt work in mine when I bought it. After giving it an engine management system upgrade it worked ever since.

Talking with the rep he said that when turning on the CC that it was on but not engaging. He seems to think that the EMS was flashed with an automatic version of the software instead of manual and the clutch switch was disengaging the CC. And since automatics dont have a clutch this would have been the reason as well as possibly why the engine revved on for a little bit when you engaged the clutch.

But I must say that the person who actually isolated the problem wasnt even from the dealership that I use but rather was one of their reps up for a visit from down south.

Ben

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot send enough praise to Doncaster Holden!!!

I love the guys there. They are fantastic!!!

I put my baby in for it's 75,000km service on Tuesday and my car has not ran better.

The most exciting part of the day - my courtesy car Click here to enlarge the new Vectra CD. I had a ball!!! I drove around just about the whole of Melbourne. The weird part is, I struggle to park my Astra yet had no trouble in this thing. I want one, sorry Lil'L Click here to enlarge
    daastra

OpelAus Participant
    Gatton (Thankfully it's close to actual cities)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How interesting that people are up John Sivvyer (or however its spelt).
    I bought my Barina new at the end of October and they delivered it with an as yet unexplained additional 45 km's on the clock.
    Later I discovered Aruba Blue was not metalic (which was included in my buy price) and at it's first service (1500km) they returned it with a fresh metal deep scratch on the drivers side panel behind the door.
    On inspection there was more deep scratches in the recess where the door clicks into on the drivers side on the same panel.
    The service guy pointed them (the old ones) out and suggested that as the metal there had started corroding they must have been there a while. Bottom line... my problem.
    They had the entire panel repainted after I pointed out the car was 8 days old.
    On the metalic thing... they had to refund that money.
    I will never buy a car there again and never have servicing done there.
    Appart from that... love my Opel.
    I can't believe I put all the Opel badging on my Corsa except the steering wheel one and the front grill one. It is confusing -- for once I prefer it when people come up behind me.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McGraths at Liverpool, have been excellent with my SRi since bought it in 2001. They have serviced it for less than they quoted, as I change the oil.

I recently had the fuel pump stop due to the alarm cutting in and out, and they check the whole wiring and fixed the problem without any fuss.

There is two guys on the desk James and Frank who know what they are talking about and if they are not sure they ask Guy the foreman.

So if you live in Sydney, then go to McGraths.
    Midnight Black Sri 2.2l
    Since October 2001
    Opel Badged and Engine Cover
    K&N Panel Fliter
    Sparco Pedals
    SRi Turbo Front Bar

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use hunter holden (6yr warranty)...
    When i took it in for the first service, i complained about the front bumper strip peeling off, so they replaced it and put it back on, a slight rattle in the passenger seat, so they replaced that, squeeking accessory belt so they replaced that... So far good service, i told them the bumper strip was peeling again, they said they'll replace it again, the passenger seat is a "little" loose in the back, so they said they'll just get another one for me, and there was NOT a SINGLE mark anywhere on the car, albeit, they didn't clean the interior, but i didn't mind, as they didn't scratch the car, or dirty it outside or damage the interior... They also replaced one of my window tints that i wasn't happy with.... I'm going back there at this stage as they are excellent so far... Although they did say putting on a pod filter voids warranty, not that i use it alot... but they did say bring it down and if we approve it then we'll cover it!
    Aaron
    Astra SRi 2003
    Lumma Grill
    Headlight eyelids
    Colour Coding
    Turbo Mags
    Eibach
    LED dash/interior
    ICE Click here to enlarge
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if $300+ for a basic oil change and filter wasn't enough.... a 50km "road test" pushed me over the edge!

Anonymous
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum
    if $300+ for a basic oil change and filter wasn't enough.... a 50km "road test" pushed me over the edge!
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Where was that??
    My 30K Service wasn't even that Much and I had a Courtesy Car.
    Phuck a Duck thats Steep :shock:

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i've had a few bad experiences from various holdens... one that shares the surname of a former great srilankan cricketer Click here to enlarge

i also had a few light blue paint specs left on my car after taking to another holden dealer.

basically i hate holden dealers and don't want to deal with them. more than one dealers srevice department also employ brainless monkey who can't even tell me exactly what part i'll need and how much it will cost (i was told i would need a new engine loom when i told them i wanted to replace the camshaft sensor) basically they've wasted my time since day 1. when I got my vectra it has idle air controller problems and they tried to sweep me under the rug until i complained formally to holden, then they were all nice and willing to help.

i've had a good experience though, south city holden had great service but it's a case of being burnt once, and you never go back.

i get my own mechanic to service my car now, at least i trust his work and i can see that his not using MY CAR as a courtesy car for other idiots :x

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is weird, how come some people have good experience at 1 dealer while another doesnt???

i bought my car at Hunter Holden and had my car serviced there...im never going back there again.

i booked my car in 4 service, dropped it off at 9am, was told will be done by 4:30pm. so i went 2 tafe.

came back at 5pm just 2 give em bit more time, went into the office 2 fix the bill and pick up my car, heres how it went:

me: just picking the black astra up.
    rep: mate i dont think the boys have touched your car yet!
    me: your kidding me???
    rep: let me check....no, they havent started on yours yet!
    me: :shock:

they ended up spending round 1- 1.5 hour on my car, costing me $250 for what was supposed to be a fixed price service of $175, considering the fact that i supplied my own oil and $40 for a wheel balancing, which they screwed up and my car started 2 rattle whenever i went over 100kms

so yeah bascially im never going back there...ever

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    touch wood i never get probs with them!!! Things i'd say to the dealer are:

Here's my OWN oil, i'd like the container returned with the remaining oil
    please DO NOT wash the car...
    Do a rotation but please DO NOT balence the wheels.......
    LOL
    there's only certain people who i'd trust to do that!
    Aaron
    Astra SRi 2003
    Lumma Grill
    Headlight eyelids
    Colour Coding
    Turbo Mags
    Eibach
    LED dash/interior
    ICE Click here to enlarge
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Thread Information