Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Anonymous
    yeh listen to him

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I dunno then, but my 45,000km service was $620, and there was nothing wrong with the car. when I went to pay for it, the girl at the counter even thought it was too much. They'd flushed the injectors without asking which was around $100 -- 90% of the time I use 98RON fuel, so I was pretty peeved. Also, don't know how much crap can accumulate after only 45K.

Anyway, the service dude rang back before and told me there's something loose in the column, which means they're gonna have to pull it apart and lube it. It aint covered under warranty so it's gonna cost $100

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just pay the $100
    doesnt seem that much coming from a dealer

or pull it apart yourself and lube everything dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah to be honest, while it's not covered by warranty, at least it aint big money. I probably wouldn't have worried about it except I'm thinking of selling it soonish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aarong
    well I dunno then, but my 45,000km service was $620, and there was nothing wrong with the car.
    If you had 2years/50,000km free servicing, which you would have if you got the 6 years/175,000km warranty.

The 45,000km service would have been free but only if you had done the k's within the 2 year period. In which case it sounds like you haven't and therefore when you had done the (what you thought was) 45,000km service, it was actually a 3 year/60,000Km service and hence a major service, which includes the timing belt.

Thats why it was $620.
    2003 Silver Astra SRi-T

• Electric Sunroof
    • 3" Dump, 2 1/2" Flex, Hi-Flow Cat & Exhaust
    • Custom Dyno Flash Tune (1 Bar)
    • Bailey Dump Valve

• 136.2 KW @ 5800 RPM
    • 278 NM @ 4100 RPM
    • 14.088 1/4 @ 99.88 MPH
    [CENTER]

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So yeah, left feeling VERY DISSATISFIED
    Fancy getting all worked uP BEFORE anything has been done... weird.

NOne of my services have been over $350 yet (60,000km). And all have been done by Suttons. They are much more "helpful" with warranty work than Hunter Holden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 45,000km service would have been free but only if you had done the k's within the 2 year period. In which case it sounds like you haven't and therefore when you had done the (what you thought was) 45,000km service, it was actually a 3 year/60,000Km service and hence a major service, which includes the timing belt.
    Ahhh OK. I don't recall seeing anything about the timing belt but that'll make it handy for the next service if they've already replaced it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a look for the receipt for the 45,000km service at home tonight and copy the details of it to the post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.8l recomended service costs effective Jan 2004

This also outlines the required tasks.

Say Thank You to Smelly Tofo, he posted this info on the msn site ages ago.
    2003 Silver Astra SRi-T

• Electric Sunroof
    • 3" Dump, 2 1/2" Flex, Hi-Flow Cat & Exhaust
    • Custom Dyno Flash Tune (1 Bar)
    • Bailey Dump Valve

• 136.2 KW @ 5800 RPM
    • 278 NM @ 4100 RPM
    • 14.088 1/4 @ 99.88 MPH
    [CENTER]

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rj, u have a 2.2. You don't have to have a timing belt change at any stage of the car's life. Holden's service cost (as at '04) never went over $300. Drive a 1.8 and you'll start crying at service time. The 120k is at $800 but I wouldn't be surprised now in a year that it's more like the low $900 mark.

The thing at the time I bought my car (and it was 2yrs/30,000km free service) was that after the warranty at 60k, you had to service it every 10k even though Holden/Opel says 15k. Honestly, if I had my time again, I would take up the free service stuff but not the extended warranty.

Also as someone said here, DO STIPULATE NO EXTRAS like oil flush crap etc. Make sure you write it down clearly and scratch out every blank space on the job card. I got "conned" by a dealer mentioned here (not the Holden I used to work.. do a search and you'll know who I am talking about) for windscreen fluid (when I purposely filled it right up to the top with water), oil treatment, blah blah. Got quoted $250 or so... ended up with close to $400.

I don't take my car to the dealer anymore but this is the worse thing about buying a new car.

Oh, btw, I can't update that file because I have no access to the Holden files for obvious reasons. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information