Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    07-11-2004
    It was on Epping road at the lights just before the space station on the way to the city (ie just before the hill).
    Now, I'm no expert, but I was still in front once we hit 80 and I eased off. Needless to say, I was quite happy. (Both were manuals, I could here the turbo on their gear changes).
    i remember this exact night and this guy is full of it, i remember jay and steven in front of him, not the mazda :screwy:

i don't recall a mazda leading and i'd put my money on the astra ... my 2c anyway ...
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly my point amanda. noone is on the mazda site to dispute his story and they will all go to his defense because they are also mazda-bators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by autumn acid
    well you can't blame them for thinking that the new astra is not a euro car.

It looks like a corolla ffs. Most ugly astra ever. (Why couldn't the opel designers imiate the golf, a3, 1 series?? Why a JAPANESE FRIDGE?) Sorry chaps, I'd buy a corolla sportivo over an astra SRi anyday. At least I;m not buying a more expensive carbon copy. Click here to enlarge

Still reckon the TS CDx is the best astra. 8)
    Sorry Don, I have to correct you, don't Toyota advertise that their Corolla is "European Designed", and who is European? Toyota or Opel.

Anyways the Astra was designed first, you should notice a family resemblance that GM are designing all their cars to look the same. The new cars all have very similar styling, ie. Vectra, Tigra, Zafira, Astra Cadilac, VE Commodore, and even Rodeo, within a few years, as they all get replaced, they will all look the same.
    2003 Silver Astra SRi-T

• Electric Sunroof
    • 3" Dump, 2 1/2" Flex, Hi-Flow Cat & Exhaust
    • Custom Dyno Flash Tune (1 Bar)
    • Bailey Dump Valve

• 136.2 KW @ 5800 RPM
    • 278 NM @ 4100 RPM
    • 14.088 1/4 @ 99.88 MPH
    [CENTER]

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opens Wheels magazine to compare qtr mile and 0-100 times........
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Anonymous
    Sorry, I don't know who designed their cars first. Regardless though, they're both not very appealing cars, and if it is the case that toyota copied the astra, I wouldn't pay premium for the astra given that the toyota is a much more reliable car. IMO, the new astra is a dud. The only thing going for it is the interior. Who would pay close to 27g incl on roads for an ancient motor, ageing engineering and a heavier shell?

It was designed to challenge the golf, and after sitting in a new golf, and then a new astra, I think GM have failed... miserably.

Anonymous
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dazza015
    Opens Wheels magazine to compare qtr mile and 0-100 times........
    Funny nobodies mentioned the new vectra.

Motor mag put it up against the new mazda 6, and the mazda 6 won.

I've test driven a SRi 2.2 as I was close to buying one, and I've also driven my aunties mazda 6. IMO, the mazda 6 excelled in every field. Yes the SRi 2.2 is quicker, but it was too nose heavy. The mazda 6 seemed like it was engineered as a package, as opposed to the SRi's logic of dropping in a people mover engine. Click here to enlarge

Kind of like the new dodge viper. More power doesn't make a better car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry ppl; i know ppl on here are very decent and modest ppl, but i'm gonna get this out now cause no1 else seems willing to say it:

THERE IS NO WAY ON THIS EARTH THAT AN AUTO MAZDA 6 WOULD BEAT (OR EVER HAS BEATEN) AN ASTRA T.

I have ridden in three different Astra T's (All TS/G models); one stock and two mildly modified (including Mrbenno's off this forum); nope, sorry, all of this crap from the aptly named "Mazda-bator's" (very funny btw) is just b/s and i can easily say that an Astra T (even stock) would smash (and i mean smash) a Mazda 6, especially an auto.....

As for the Epping Road story; was the Astra T driver goin backwards? B***Shite...pull the other one tosser :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :roll:
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the corolla hatch's rear end is a a carbon copy of an audi A3. the tail-lights are a bit different. that's all :P
    Click here to enlarge
    VVTL-i
    Lift isn't just a drink...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were talking about the Mazda 6 MPS version due out late this year or early next year; ok maybe; 190kW turbo AWD....
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh... funny

Last night on the way home from our meet at KK's I ran a Mazda 6 white one lowerd with wheels not only did i win, he almost smashed into the concrete barriers cause it handles like a boat in water, I backed off but he still wanted to race but I just slowed down after he lost it. I didn't want to see him, kill him self :shock:

Thread Information