Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astra vs Mazda 6 ???

something different to the wrx vs astra debate :shock: :shock:

[web:46a50cc612]http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/printthread.php?t=1358[/web:46a50cc612]

some of the interesting quotes:

"the new astra actually looked pretty appealing in terms of appearances esp the SRi with that optional 18" alloys. Never driven a holden in my life cos i did not like the brand. I find holdens chunky, clunky and very ugly. and the small car category do not fare well either, compared with japanese or european in designs and performance." so holdens small cars ie astra barina :twisted: are not opel and opel is not european :bang:

"The only fast thing about the Astra is its depreciation value!!" Click here to enlarge :roll:

"Just last night I had a group of SRI's (?? They're the turbo ones right?) pull up beside me at the lights (well, I didn't know there were 3 at the time, it was night and I noticed one change lanes from behind to take up pos next to me - they must have been on a cruise). It was on Epping road at the lights just before the space station on the way to the city (ie just before the hill).

Now, I'm no expert, but I was still in front once we hit 80 and I eased off. Needless to say, I was quite happy. (Both were manuals, I could here the turbo on their gear changes).

Considering the 6 is a better configuration of the same engine, I would bet on the 6."

now confess who put us to shame or did the mazda 6 realise he was gonna loose and "eased off" :twisted:
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think they are both gay for buying auto's

the truth is people who own mazda's are going to sign up to mazda forums to gloat about how fast their car is to other mazda own people.

same asford people, holden people, opel people, hyundai people, mitsubishi people, toyota people, skoda people etc etc etc

and other people will stick up for them because you would never knock your own make of car, would you, which then in turn makes mazda, holden, ford, toyota person etc. think their car is even better than they first thought and it all snowballs until they decide to line up a car which is faster than theirs so that then they are able to make a post about how crap their car is because it just doesn't feel powerful anymore, they will tell their story and someone on the mazda forum that owns a wrx, porsche, ferrari etc etc will tell them madza is sh1t, hence causing a big argument BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA :bang: ad nauseum :bang:

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dunno but talking about ugly those mazda six are a long turd with clear tail lights that nobody wants, check the mazda dealers they started at 36000 dollars and now u buy an easter egg and they chuck one for free (i believe they selling them for 30grand or less and thats onlyfrom mid last year till now). What a load of crapp, i do like the 3, a mate of mine has one and yeah they got bigger engine but i don't believe that a six can beat an astra turbo.
    If I wanted Rice i'll order Chinese.

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car ...

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum
    i think they are both gay for buying auto's

the truth is people who own mazda's are going to sign up to mazda forums to gloat about how fast their car is to other mazda own people.

same asford people, holden people, opel people, hyundai people, mitsubishi people, toyota people, skoda people etc etc etc

and other people will stick up for them because you would never knock your own make of car, would you, which then in turn makes mazda, holden, ford, toyota person etc. think their car is even better than they first thought and it all snowballs until they decide to line up a car which is faster than theirs so that then they are able to make a post about how crap their car is because it just doesn't feel powerful anymore, they will tell their story and someone on the mazda forum that owns a wrx, porsche, ferrari etc etc will tell them madza is sh1t, hence causing a big argument BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA :bang: ad nauseum :bang:
    i agree with everything except for the auto thingo. Autos are not gay, just convenient. More when you know theres always 30 min traffic going and coming back to work. Had modded cars all my life with 5 speed normal but hey i wouldnt have any other car not manual at the moment. The onle exception would be something for the weekend or going to the track to "feel" a bit more the car. Driving an auto doesnt make the car gay or the driver. If not chech formula one and all race cars, they only use clutch to launch and thats about it and soon they wont cause machines can do it better than humans. Check the latest auto gearbox of Audi, better than any manul gearbox with even the best driver. just my 2 cents.
    If I wanted Rice i'll order Chinese.

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car ...

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this quote...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Some Mazda6 Guy
    The funny thing is the Turbo is not much quicker then the SRI 2.2L version.
    none are over quick.

I've driven both, by accident.
    ROFL... By accident Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Astra TS... 1.8 litres of fury! Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kwijy
    ROFL... By accident Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    honest they forced me to do it Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like they haven't really changed much the last time i had a look on there.

the usual narrow-minded, arrogant as well as ignorant ppl are still hanging around there slapping each other's backs.

and there's no way the maz6 is significantly faster than a 2.2 astra. both auto or both manual. it should be close.
    Click here to enlarge
    VVTL-i
    Lift isn't just a drink...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please a mazda 6 would dropped by a basic commonwhore, rwd launching ability, and superior power to weight ratio, against an underpowered tail dragger, some guys like to dream alittle too much
    07, BMW 335i , Graphite Metallic, Procede tune, 2.5in turboback, Hartge LSD.

Performance:

370 Rear wheel HP (276kw atw), 535nm rear wheel newton metres.
    (approximately 345kw at the flywheel)

0-60mph in 4.3 seconds
    Standing ¼ mile in 12.4 seconds

For more info check out:
    http://www.vishnutuning.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh astra turbos are so slow wahahaha, meanwhile a stock one can drop their beloved RX-8 crotch rocket, so im sure a sluggish mazda 6 can drop one, lets dream alittle more
    07, BMW 335i , Graphite Metallic, Procede tune, 2.5in turboback, Hartge LSD.

Performance:

370 Rear wheel HP (276kw atw), 535nm rear wheel newton metres.
    (approximately 345kw at the flywheel)

0-60mph in 4.3 seconds
    Standing ¼ mile in 12.4 seconds

For more info check out:
    http://www.vishnutuning.com

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecstasy
    i agree with everything except for the auto thingo. Autos are not gay, just convenient. More when you know theres always 30 min traffic going and coming back to work. Had modded cars all my life with 5 speed normal but hey i wouldnt have any other car not manual at the moment. The onle exception would be something for the weekend or going to the track to "feel" a bit more the car. Driving an auto doesnt make the car gay or the driver. If not chech formula one and all race cars, they only use clutch to launch and thats about it and soon they wont cause machines can do it better than humans. Check the latest auto gearbox of Audi, better than any manul gearbox with even the best driver. just my 2 cents.
    fair call but i wasn't referring to auto's being gay as "homosexual" but inpractical in the scheme of their conversation. in other words if you like the convenience of an auto in traffic or on long trips etc. that's fair enough, autos have their place. however i loath comments such as "do you reckon my auto VS commodore can beat my friends manual VN, he thinks he can win but I have FE2 suspension" stuff like that.

Thread Information