Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it definitely isn't a HBD kit. i think its either an SSV one or a Talon one.

as for your car Ogmosis, i think as a work of art and a showcar, its brilliant! but i wouldn't want my everyday car to look like that. also i think maybe a new set of headlights, perhaps the hella projection ones (someone find me a pic, please), would add a finishing touch to it.

in the meantime, i'm sure u have more plans for it, KEEP IT AWAY FROM BIRD POO.
    Click here to enlarge
    VVTL-i
    Lift isn't just a drink...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been looking for a new set of headlights for quite some time now, if anyone has any links/contacts/pictures of good replacement ones - please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated Click here to enlarge

Thanks for the feedback too, it is a showcar and very rarely gets driven around town (I have a bombed up VL for my work/run around car). Interior is next as well as a full replacement of the sterio with JBL stuff, last on the list is the engine - which will be a major mod and quite a bit of cash required Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Hella or Morette twin headlight conversions...I know they come in semi-xenon and i beleive full xenon kits.
    One of the brands has the indicator to the outer side of the set up and the other has the indicator closer to the grill.

Have a look at a previous topic as i have posted a pic of the hella lights.
    http://hrdwrbob.net/opel/forums/view...c&start=25
    Nick

MY03 - Astra SRi - Black...Sleek...

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Melbourne. Stabbed in the back, but not dead.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats on all the awards. but i must ask, were there many cars entered in the comp with airbrushings? or car tatts? were the many eurocars there? Coz i'm seriously considering airbrushing or tattooing my car. So if there's not many eurocars being airbrushed, i too can win many trophy's. BUt i would do the same "fantasy ghouls and goblins" theme you did. it doesn't suite the euro look, maybe on a HQ pannelvan.
    I think The Guest is right, opinions still haven't changed. not many of us here like what you've done. Which can be very important if you wanna get the "crowd pleza trophy" otherwise it's just another hali paintjob with a bunch of airbrushings slapped on here and there.

But that's my opinion. So if you and painter wanna tag team on The Guest and expect no return fire, be warned. I take it personally that you come here, ask for opinions and when you don't like what you hear you mouth off. I doesn't work like that. Do you mouth off at a judge if your car don't win a trophy? if not then why did you ask us to judge your car?
    Victorian Events Co-Ordinator... or anti-social behavioral disorder therapist
    Click here to enlarge

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankie,

No, mine was the only *Euro* car that was airbrushed there. However if you re-read my original post you will see that it won Top AIRBRUSHING. The airbrushing category is open, IE it doesn't matter if it's Euro or not - all cars that have airbrushing on them are judged to be in the same category. There is NO top EURO Airbrushing category. The car also won Top 4 Cylinder, not top EURO 4 Cylinder - which obviously means that it was judged against all other 4 cyl cars in the show, not just the Euros. The only award that it won that was Euro only was the Eurotech award - and we honestly didn't even know that specific award existed.

FYI - mine was basically tied for 1st place in the People's Choice Awards, the main reason the other car won (and we know this because the car that one was painted by Marriotts and was right next to mine in the show) was because it had a better display and mirrors under the car.

I don't know what your problem is, but there's no 'tag teaming' going on here. You are so big on everyone voicing their opinions, just because Painter had something nice to say we're tag teaming? Seriously?

And I'm sick of these exagerated posting about me comming here and asking for opinions. Here's what happened -> I googled for Opel Australia Forum because I had a question about dropping a Vectra motor straight into a Astra. I browse to this forum, and find a thread completely bashing my car - it wasn't started by me and nowhere in there did I ask for opinions. I defended my car and hard work against a complete lynching like any normal person would. As I said in that deleted thread - contructive helpful criticism is always welcome, out and out bashing with no informed information is not, and I WILL defend my work against that.

I've been nothing but nice in this thread, but you and a few others seems to have a serious issue with people doing something different with their cars - then defending them when people bash (it's NOT criticism, don't try to hide behind that). Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, I can't/won't and will not try to change that. However if you decide to needlessly bash someone's hard work (especially when it WASN'T EVEN ME that posted and asked for opinions) then I seriouslly doubt you will find anyone that will sit back and just accept it as criticism.

Objective, helpful criticism (especially from that actual ASTRA community) = good

Being an ass and just plain out and out bashing someone's hard work = bad

And don't start the tag team junk either, I dont know him and he's entitled to post whatever he likes - this thread was cruising along quite nicely and people where being very helpful up until now, why ruin it?

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately ogmosis you dont have a choice of what type of criticism is made about your car.

Constructive or destructive as this is a public forum and people can express whatever view they like about your car.

Since pictures of your car are posted on the internet on other sites. Those pictures become public property i guess... So if that pic was taken off another site and put here so people can laugh at it then theres nothing you can do about it. Except bitch and moan i guess...

So no you didnt ask for the opinions but u got them anyway...dont put pics of it on the net if you dont want a certain type of reaction.

The coincidences between you and painter are just a little obvious to me.. and i may be wrong but who cares anyway... its just my destructive opinion

have a nice day Click here to enlarge
    The New KEYBOARD HERO!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem really with any of you - I think this is a good resourceful forum and since finding it I actually visit quite a lot.

I didn't ever say I had a choice, and you are right - people are entitled to say whatever they like - however I am also allowed to have my say and as I've said already defend my hard work. There is a big difference between critisism and plain bashing as I've already said, I would have thought this would be obvious to most.

I also agree that painter is a little sus, however please take a moment and check with someone who has mod status and I am sure you will soon see that we are two different people.

Thread Information