Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will replace the vectra?

My car is getting on a bit, i do a lot of driving.. and so the poor thing although it is running good as ever has clocked up around 140000kms.. i wanna sell at 150000.

no idea what can replace the vectra though. my next car i want a manual, preferably a six cylinder or turbo charged and budget around 20k.

the level of equipment that comes in the vectra isnt available in any other cars for similar prices that im aware of..

and ive gotten over the big cruiser thing for the moment, my next car shud be super good for handling and braking, and i want some more power for better driveability.

at the same time i dont wanna say bye to the vectra Click here to enlarge

any ideas for a replacement?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two or four door?
    Early model 200sx or for a four door you can't go past a 00 rex.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont mind how many doors really.. although i want something with space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200sx has crap all space in the back.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive realised why r33's are so popular. space in the back seats, performance, decent boot, good engine, reliable..

id like to pick up a series 2 r33 possibly. or a manual soarer Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soarer... lol just make sure you have a dock to park your land barge!! Click here to enlarge

My next car will be either a 944 (951) Turbo Porsche. If i can be bothered taking the time to restore it.

Or a Yellow S15.

easy as pie. :mrgreen:
    *Currently Somewhere Else*

TEAM- "Stupid European Car"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i kinda in the same situation... my vectra has done 145,000 and i am interested in selling. i love the features of the vectra, and wouldnt mind getting another one, but i havent seen too many manual vectras, dark colour, dont like light coloured cars much, and at a fairly low price, something similar to what i could sell my vectra for.
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by thirteen
    ive realised why r33's are so popular. space in the back seats, performance, decent boot, good engine, reliable..

id like to pick up a series 2 r33 possibly. or a manual soarer Click here to enlarge
    no... it's because they are fully sick drift spec cars that can pick up chix and make sexy spooling sounds and "da intacoolah noise re"

p.s. if you find a manual soarer i will kiss your ass.

my mate has an r33 and reckons it's small inside and in the boot. i was going to sugest getting a 4 door r33 turbo as they are cheap and roomy, however there are as many manual 4 door r33's as there are manual soarers.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive found a few manual soarers all with waay too many kms on em already.

i plan to get a s15 after my next car as they are still 30 something. but by then i will probably want something else.. but yes i also have a love affair with s15's Click here to enlarge

i dunno, a sereis 2 r33 would do me, i like the facelift.. drop it on some nice wheels and thats it.

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    s15 is a great car with good power and awesome weight balance. I drove a friends with an exahust, pod a a few pounds extra boost and I can tell you it felt unreal when boost came in plus it felt great going round corners.... a lot better than my vectra with lowered springs. put it that way. makes it very hard to fit 2 6 foot tall blokes in the back, but the boot had decent space. easy to make good power out of a jap turbo car. my mates r33 made 230rwkw without opening up the motor

Thread Information