Thanks for allowing me to join your group.

I've always liked the look, the compact size, & the relatively low weight of three-door SB Barinas, so when I recently decided to buy, & then start tinkering with, smallish road-driven cars again, the three-door SB was my logical choice, assuming I could purchase one in reasonable condition. As luck would have it, I recently found two reasonably unmolested examples for reasonable prices, so I naturally bought both of them. Click here to enlarge Both are manuals (of course). The Cabrio (the parts car) is 'powered' by a CE14NZ, & the City is powered by a CE14SE. While I intend just using the City as a daily driven car for a while, I'm thinking, in the fullness of time, about possibly repowering it with a larger displacement Opel likely SOHC engine (I'm thinking a C16SE at the moment (to try to keep costs down), &/or then later possibly adding a medium-boost turbo to either engine (only to provide safer overtaking power on 100 km/hr single-lane highways .....). Click here to enlarge

So that's my current plan. If any other SB Barina / Corsa B owners here have fitted larger displacement Opel engines to their vehicles, I would be very interested in hearing from them, as my entire knowledge of repowering options for these cars has so far come only from the internet, & I'm not really interested in replacing the existing 'small-block' engines with a heavier 'big-block' engine like a CE20 that would then likely increase unwanted understeer when I'm trying to have some fun in 'some twisty bits'.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!