I'm new here, please be nice for $800's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mechanic wanted (southeast QLD) SRI Turbo

hey guys, i have finally got my astra registered after months of work, i really want a professional to go over the whole car, as some idling issues have resurfaced Click here to enlarge , and also once the car is at operating temperature the car pretty much refuses to rev above 2,000rpm Click here to enlarge (feels like limp mode?). just wondering if anyone knows any mechanics with a really good understanding of the 2004 sri turbos?
    thanks heaps!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't know of a mechanic up your way but idling issues check vac leak, sensors (clean maf), these cars are quite sensitive to wrong plugs well at least mine was so check if you've got the correct ones. Have you read any fault codes out yet ? This might also point you in the right direction.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice for $800's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thanks, yeah i have, well at least i had a mate bring a really high quality diagnostic tool around, we found an issue with the maf so i have put a new one in. the car still wouldn't run, so i thought i should change the fuel seeing as it couldn't get much road time because at the time it wasn't registered. so i drained the fuel and replaced with premium, the car then ran like a dream. so i eventually got it registered put the recommended spark plugs in it, replaced fuel filter, new fuel rail, new injectors, and new fuel pump as well... the car then ran and drive like a dream, so i got a 6 month rego... i then took it for its first decent spin in probably a year and a half at least, and found that when it got hot it would surge terribly and struggle to get up hills at all. i took it for a few more drives and found every time it would "get up and boogy" until it reached "operating temperature". but it still idled well, when i went to start it yesterday morning it stumbled on idle and would even stall at idle...
    I would even pay for someone without the qualifications, but with good knowledge to come and give me some advice...
    please let me know if your interested.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm not a mechanic mate, sorry. I have seen your car some years ago and went around to the former owner Chris, hooked up my Opcom to check for faults, changed the split diaphragm on his recirc valve and replaced some vac lines if i remember well as it ran like crap with boost issues. Car did run well after that. She is getting older so I'd also check wires as these are prone to cracking. There is also a post one here about poor earth connection on the wiring loom , check that out too. Hope you get it sorted mate.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information