I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what to do with my car

Hey all, I'm struggling to figure out what to do with my 03 astra cabrio turbo and was hoping to get some opinions. It's on about 200,000km, 100 of those were done by me owning it the past three years. It has a cracked windscreen, worn tyres, it burns oil(seems like valve stem seals, willing to fix this myself through the valve cover with the nylon rope in the cylinders trick), needs a timing belt change (I've got the parts and can change it) and the wheel speed sensor? Is playing up(Speedo works and then doesn't work randomly.) Rego is 2 months overdue. Roadworthy might turn up other issues. Regrettably I have to sell it because I bought a Forester XT which better suits my needs but nobody wants to buy despite it being such a fun car to drive. I'm probably asking for too much, but maybe $2000 without a roadworthy at this stage I'd be happy with. Or should I part it?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's a pity. 2k without roadworthy and these issues..... you could possibly have gotten that 2k too as trade-in for your forester. You can try to part it, see if someone is in need of the roof parts or interior but I doubt you'd get 2k
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. The Forester I picked up privately for $1500, spend $2000 getting it roadworthied so I feel like that was pretty decent. Any ideas on the wheel speed sensor? Don't even know where to start with that if it's intermittent. :/

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    front left hub. swap it out.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Simonzhan Click here to enlarge
    Hey all, I'm struggling to figure out what to do with my 03 astra cabrio turbo and was hoping to get some opinions. It's on about 200,000km, 100 of those were done by me owning it the past three years. It has a cracked windscreen, worn tyres, it burns oil(seems like valve stem seals, willing to fix this myself through the valve cover with the nylon rope in the cylinders trick), needs a timing belt change (I've got the parts and can change it) and the wheel speed sensor? Is playing up(Speedo works and then doesn't work randomly.) Rego is 2 months overdue. Roadworthy might turn up other issues. Regrettably I have to sell it because I bought a Forester XT which better suits my needs but nobody wants to buy despite it being such a fun car to drive. I'm probably asking for too much, but maybe $2000 without a roadworthy at this stage I'd be happy with. Or should I part it?
    Always sad to see or hear about the demise of another TS turbo vert - there weren't that many around to begin with and now they're most definitely rare...

IMHO from what you've written above, it does not seem like you want to put any effort, time or money into it (fair enough) so I'd part it out, or if you can't be bothered doing that sell it to an Opel/Holden wreckers, I really don't think anyone in there right mind would pay 2k for the state it's in, if it were in sound condition, running rego and proper roadworthy condition you would have a very good chance of selling it for at least 2-5k...

All the best with it Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information