Hybrid View

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ts Astra/Astra G Mk4 1.8l Fuel pump relay/fuel injection relay

Hey Opel Aus, just wondering if there is anywhere that is reliable and reasonably priced to buy 2x relays for a Holden Ts Astra 1.8l. the ones in my car have cooked and cause the car the shutdown while driving and sometimes the car refuses to start for a phew minutes, the relay for the fuel injection gets to hot to touch after a 30 min drive and the fuel pump relay get hot but not as hot as the fuel injection relay. They both have brown burn like marks on the tops of the relays. The numbers on the relays is GM 90 494 959. I'll attach some photos of them later.

EDIT: Photos added.
    PZcnTjF.jpgMee9x1r.jpg
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Try Autovaux in the UK. Not sure where you could get these but probably if the dealer has them, you'd be paying a small fortune.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool was thinking of doing that but thought I might ask around to see if anyone knew of anywhere, I have 2 other relays that are the same but are 70A instaed of 30A, there from a XC Barina, would they work or would they cook stuff?
    Thanks.

Kind Regards,
    Alex
    https://i.imgur.com/m25xQ6z.jpg

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Stick to the right amps.

Just go to the wreckers and grab a few from there.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses, I rang up my local Holden and they said a New relay would cost $72 each! Relays at Super Cheap were like $50 and were 50 amp relays (why i asked if i could use a 70 amp on in the place of the 30) Also had a talk to a trusted mechanic about using the 70 amp relay and he said it is all good to use a 70 amp relay as long as I haven't changed any fuses or wiring. (The 70 amps just means it can handle more amps if need be, but cause I haven't changed any fuses or wiring it should still only be putting the 30 amps through the relay.)

-Kind Regards,
    Alex
    And have a Good Day!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't personally do it because they are 30 amps for a reason.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information