Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u ,

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up getting a usb one. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELM327-O...72.m2749.l2649

just hope car holds together till i get it in mail,and hope it shows something that may be causeing rattle, I know its not going to show internal problems but hopefully something.

doesnt say it works on opel/gm but im guessing it should.hmmm

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    can always get an Opcom. I have one of those bluetooth elm thingies and that works with the free Torque app on my Astra.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First of all, what I can gather from that video is codes P1130, P0170, P0130 and P1555. P0170 and P0130 are related to the O2 sensors. Z18XE has two, one pre-cat in the exhaust manifold and one post-cat in the exhaust, just behind the engine underneath the car. They run two sensors as the second one is to verify that the catalytic converter is present and functioning. P1130 is saying the front O2 is registering a signal that is outside the ECU's range. To me, that's sounding like a duff O2 sensor or the wiring in relation to it. Usually happens if the exhaust has been modified or some cheap Chinese sensors (personally I'd use genuine or a well known brand like NTK where possible).

P1555. This one is common to the Z18 engine and very easy to fix. Take the throttle body off the engine and use some carby cleaner with a rag or brush to thoroughly clean the barrel of the throttle body and the edges of the butterfly. Because they're drive by wire throttles, they're opened slightly at idle by the ECU to control idle speed. What happens is the gunk that ends up caked around the edges of the butterfly closes up some of that gap and the throttle body has to compensate by opening the throttle more. As a result, the throttle position sensor gives the ECU a reading higher than it expects and it then triggers the code. But as I said, very easy to fix and costs almost nothing. Can even do it without taking the throttle body off, but it's much easier taking it off.

As for Z18XEs having EGR valves, they do have them, but just not on the Astra variants. The XC Barina/Corsa C SRi has pretty much the same Z18 engine, but with an EGR valve up until around mid 2004. Somewhere along the line, Opel realised the EGR valves were pointless on petrol engines and did stuff all to improve emissions, not to mention, somewhat troublesome.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got the OBD2 today but carnt seem to download the scanmaster from anywhere..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what software do u guys use to read from a astra ts 1.8

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Opcom comes with it's own software which is what most people used. Now, in the Astra J, I use the free Torque app on my phone with an elm 327 mini Bluetooth adaptor but that also works on the TS.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx mate

Thread Information