Hey guys,

I have been living in Perth since 4 years and I love WA. I come from France where I had a Corsa B (barina SB) with Astra F C16SE engine swaped, I bought it like this without knowing it was a banger ! And felt in love with it.

Since I am in WA I own a little white Barina SB city that I could source from a very nice old lady that had been offered a new car by her children. At the time the car had 68 000Km and been sleeping under a shed since her first day.

I had great adventure through this whole time with my car. 6 month ago, I decided that this car would be the base for a project, building a Barina SB to enjoy trackdays and eventually more if it works. My eager to learn and my love for cars and mechanic would eventually grow and give me all the potential to achieve it.

The build has already started 6 months ago and I posted the feed on french Opel forums. However, I realise it's a bit stupid not to extend it to where I live in reality and I would love to repost it all here and translate all the work I have been producing with all the pictures.

In shorts line this is few of the objectives for now. As I just came from full time employment to student the project might drastically slow down but there is still a lot to come soon.

So 1st Stage that I would like to achieve in 2019

Base is C12NZ to Z18XE
-Rust, dents, paint (done)
-Remove useless stuff and move battery to the rear (50pc)
-Rear disc brake conversion from Barina XC (done)
-Front brake conversion from Calibra 4x4 Turbo (done)
-Poly bushes 95A (done)
-Front and Read braided brake hoses (waiting for parts)
-Front and read anti roll bar (waiting for parts)
-Coil overs (done)
-Brake lines pattern from X to parallel with proportioning valve for rear (avoid wheel block) (to be done)
-Full engine rebuild Z18xe from astra AH (ongoing)
-Swap z18xe stock with astra TS ECU (to be done)
-Shortshift (original Gearbox F13 no money for differential for now) (to be done)
-Flat 2.9kg flywheel from C16SE and C16SE clutch (to be done)
-4to1 shorties exhaust manifold (to be done)
-Bucket sit (don t have yet)
-Harness (don t have yet)
-strut bar front rear (don t have yet)
-licence and a helmet and go VROOMVROOM (don t have yet)

Plenty of details not mentioned that goes along with the build that you will discover through the thread.

I am self learning from forums, youtube and I really like feedback in order to get more knowledge and other points of views. I drop the last pictures taken from the car driven for the first time since 6 months today, the C12NZ is still in the car operational.

I just discovered this forum and I can see some people followed the same path and I am thrilling by finishing reading sskustomz post right now hehe

Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!