Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you bypass the pressure switch? Not sure if they’re normally open or normally closed but at least you can rule it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure... i'm already beyond the limit of my electrical knowledge lol

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Locate your pressure switch, will be a hobb switch, should have two wires going to it, unplug it and try your aircon, if that doesn’t work then bridge the wires in the plug (i use a piece of wire just like doing the paperclip test) and try it again. Hopefully you can then rule out pressure switch, or you can get it working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully sorted now... took it to the nice local auto elec and said just to spend 1hr looking at it and if he couldn't solve it i'd deal with it, told them everything i'd already done. Come back an hour later... everything fine electrically, no gas in it, suggest you take it back to whoever re-gassed it last week. Nice guys wouldn't take any money for it. Went back to the aircon place, gets out his fluro light 'oh there's a big leak where the pipes go into the compressor, i would have seen that last time'. Uh huh, perhaps if you'd looked you might. So he's changed the two washers in those pipes and re-gassed if and only charged me for the washers ($40) and said after that they didn't look too bad, maybe it was the strain of moving the compressor when i changed the clutch coil that caused them to leak. Yeah... except it wasn't working before that which is why i changed the clutch coil! Guess we'll see over the coming days/weeks if it still keeps working! The missus certainly didn't enjoy sitting in it for 90mins last week in peak hour traffic and 38C!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh FFS.... was working last night, now not working except this time the clutch IS engaging with the compressor but it's only blowing hot air?!

Thread Information