Hybrid View

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astra SRI Turbo EML Light

Hey all,

New here and have a bit of a problem so thought I would come here to ask the experts.

I bought a 2007 Astra Manual SRI Turbo Coupe with 107,000kms on the clock about a month ago from a friend. I bought it in Sydney and drove it home 1,100kms to Qld without a problem. 2 days after I got home, I was driving to the mechanic to get a QLD Roadworthy when the EML Light came on. The mechanic hooked it up to the diagnostics for me and said the errors he was getting were strange so he cleared the errors and said call him if it happens again. Car was great for a week and then the light came back on. Checked the error codes and they were 13025 and 12458 which I looked up. Called the mechanic, told him what the codes were and took it back to him and asked him to check the hoses first. He said the hoses were all good but the codes remained. I said fine, find the parts and let me know how much it will be. He cleared the errors and the light and said it's fine to drive. Since then, alomst 3 weeks ago, the light has not come on again and the car is driving like a dream. The mechanic called me yesterday to say he was having trouble finding the parts at a reasonable price and he'll keep searching. So I have a couple of questions. The first is, if the light hasn't come back on in 2 weeks, should I just leave getting the new parts until it happens again, which it may or may not? And if I do need the parts, is there somewhere I should be looking for them that the mechanic may not know about.

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For original parts ask @Slimcraigie
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have any mods? 13025 is for 1st lambda sensor:
    "P0130 lambda sensor circuit not in the target area (Bank 1 Sensor 1) B-025"

Advice on the VXR forum is: clear it (which you have done) and if it comes back, replace the sensor.
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From experience I've had injector cleaner causing that O2 sensor problem. Cleaning the sensor with petrol , a brush and letting dry really well solved my issue.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again,

Thank you for your replies everyone. I did a pedal test this morning and unfortunately the result was the same codes although the car is still performing well and the EML light has not come on again. Looks like I'll be getting those parts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The codes may not have fully cleared and you are seeing the stored code.
    You can try leaving the battery disconnected overnight to reset everything.

Other than that, for the future an OBD2 reader and the torque app on your phone is incredibly useful.
    I purchased a few different models to evaluate last year and found this unit (from this seller) to be the best in terms of supported versions: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBD2-ELM327-Bluetooth
    Hopefully their supplier hasn't changed.
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Thread Information