Hey all,

New here and have a bit of a problem so thought I would come here to ask the experts.

I bought a 2007 Astra Manual SRI Turbo Coupe with 107,000kms on the clock about a month ago from a friend. I bought it in Sydney and drove it home 1,100kms to Qld without a problem. 2 days after I got home, I was driving to the mechanic to get a QLD Roadworthy when the EML Light came on. The mechanic hooked it up to the diagnostics for me and said the errors he was getting were strange so he cleared the errors and said call him if it happens again. Car was great for a week and then the light came back on. Checked the error codes and they were 13025 and 12458 which I looked up. Called the mechanic, told him what the codes were and took it back to him and asked him to check the hoses first. He said the hoses were all good but the codes remained. I said fine, find the parts and let me know how much it will be. He cleared the errors and the light and said it's fine to drive. Since then, alomst 3 weeks ago, the light has not come on again and the car is driving like a dream. The mechanic called me yesterday to say he was having trouble finding the parts at a reasonable price and he'll keep searching. So I have a couple of questions. The first is, if the light hasn't come back on in 2 weeks, should I just leave getting the new parts until it happens again, which it may or may not? And if I do need the parts, is there somewhere I should be looking for them that the mechanic may not know about.

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!