Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anonymous

Re: I'm new... don't hold it against me..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tommi
    Hey guys, I'm new to the whole Opel thing... I've just purchased a 04 Opel Astra SXI TS (1.8ltr 5sp),

It goes ok, I've scared a few more expensive cars already.. (Porsche Boxster S and Audi S4) ... I've found the Astra can certainly get moving if the launch and gear changes all come together correctly.

Anyhow.. I've heard that there is a turbo kit for the 1.8? is this true? And can anyone point me in the right direction for mags/body kits etc in the Brisbane area...

Also how do you guys put strut braces on ? I was going to look at purchasing one however when I poped the hood to have a look at the struts I couldn't find anything to bolt a brace to! Click here to enlarge

I have a Corolla Turbo as my 2nd car, however it feels like a tractor compared to my astra!
    umm, scared a s4?

welcome aboard

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think that the S4 was pushing him thus he was infront of him. The only thing that the S4 driver was scared of, was to hurt him while doing this manouver Click here to enlarge
    If I wanted Rice i'll order Chinese.

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car ...

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boxster S is nothing to be sneezed at either...did you scare them with your ugly mug?

Hahaha just joking, anyways welcome to the board!
    :::
    ::
    :
    Click here to enlarge

"I'm designing an auditorium for a 12 cylinder orchestra..."
    -Luc Donckerwolke on the Murciélago

Anonymous
    welcome to the world of wacky wacky wackiness
    :screwy:

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha funny guys hey Click here to enlarge

Well I put the Porsche down to bad driving, the guy is in a decent purpose built sports car which is capable to reach 100 within 5sec, I assume he had a bad launch.

As for the S4, its a friends car, and he caused $2500.00 damage to it during that race :P :twisted: hehehe now its all fixed and he wants race 2! ... but I have nothing to prove 8)

My Astra is silver/blue and it has tinted windows and air con YAY!!! I love aircon Click here to enlargeops:
    As for the cruises.... maybe ... well see what happens.. I hope you guys have fun and safe drive down to Byron.

P.S: I find if you want to win races in a stocko Astra, you have to get your launch right, what I do is hold the clutch in, rev it at 2000-2500ish using the handbrake to keep the car from rolling and then sorta ride and drop the clutch and rev it out to 5500-6000rpm in 1st and 2nd and then make sure you get 3rd right, I'm not sure what revs it refuses to go in but if you get it right you should be able to keep up with most traffic light racers (besides insanely powered cars). :wink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wat happened to the S4? how'd it cause the damage....or did u run it off the road? lol

as for ur driving tips, too bad i drive an auto...
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S4 was having problems with boost and damaged the intake piping and some other bits.. when he gunned it off the lights. Ohwell.. its fixed and he wants a re-match ... you reakon I should have another go?

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah u should mate, but this time buy some popcorn and coke and enjoy the view from behind Click here to enlarge those S4's are bloody good toys.
    If I wanted Rice i'll order Chinese.

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard, glad to see another Brisbane Opel owner come to the site Click here to enlarge
    RANDOM VIN DIESEL FACT:Vin Diesel is bald because even his hair is afraid of him.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah grab some popcorn mate....no way an stock astra could beat an Audi S4 driven properly with no problems...
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

Thread Information