Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly everyone I know in the Audi / VW world use BP Ultimate. Bear in mind that most these cars are turbo'd and have had ECU re-maps etc.

My Golf R32 certainly runs better with BP according to old fashioned butt dyno !!!!!

Cheers
    Dave.

Mrs T
    I have no technical experience or knowledge.

However i have an Astra Turbo and from new i used Shell Optimax all the time everytime (someone else swore by it) although about 6 months ago i noticed that it was making noises when i accelertated and was running a bit rough i thought it was a bad batch of fuel so i ran another couple of tanks and it didnt get any better. I then decided to try another brand of fuel (BP Ultimate) and i found that the car is running alot smoother and not making the noise on cold acceleration.

As i said i am no expert it is just what happened in my instance.

I have not tried the vortex but people have told me that its good fuel.

I couldnt tell you which petrol gave you more performance i think that it would be mi nute (spelling Click here to enlargeops: ) I think it would be trial and error on what your car likes and how you think it performs. If everyone agreed on which fuel was best everyone would use the same brand. I think its more personal opinion

Dont think ive helped much sorry Click here to enlargeops:

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read one article that suggested that you change your brand of fuel every 8-10K Km. It was to do with buildups of the byproducts of the additives and deteregents in the fuel. Changing fuels stopped this from happening. The new fuels different additives and detergents removed the old buildups.

Not sure if I agree with it.

I'm new here, please be nice gmtech's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Glad I am back in melbourne and surely glad to check this site out again.
    When we test our cars we do run with different RON Fuel ratings/levels. The best one in my opinion here in the Australian market will have to be the BP product with Shell product coming very close. In Dubai where we were testing our Opel cars in extreme hot conditions we found the BP and Mobil products meet the requirments need to push these cars to there limits. All of our Opel "z" type configuration motors do perform expetionally better on the high octane level. We had done some long testing over some extreme temp's in the excess of 50.c and these motors where stripped down and inspected for wear and heat stress. The motors with the high octane would perform exceptionally well and would not lean out on cruise. Log onto some of the petrol company sites and do read some information about the different types of fuel available..

GMTECH

Thread Information