Hybrid View

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do ya reckon?

Hi new member. I've often admired opel cars but they have a very bad rep in NZ.

What do you think of this Ah Astra VRX:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1571256164

I love the idea of it but what do ya reckon - just another m32 gearbox waiting to die?

I would love to hear from people's experiences with this model vxr. This one only has 32000k! (though I see it's been through 3 private owners in that distance).

Cheers.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow, that looks like a clean car mate. Maybe the owner allows you to have the car independently inspected. Have a test drive and check for the signed, I wouldn't be too worried myself though. The low k's is something I might question as to why but otherwise, have an inspection done I'd say.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. it sure looks tidy. just how chocolate are these gearboxes? anyone out there had an hsv astra? the reports are kind of scary but it's difficult to ever get an idea of the extent of the problem

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Gearboxes are not as bad as you may think. Have a read up of m32 symptoms.
    If there is an issue you will know about it before it let's go giving you time to rebuild it.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Thread Information