Getting absolutely fed up with the lack of urgency from Holden on this.

50 units is laughable given how many people are driving ticking timebombs. Other manufacturers have almost completed their rollouts.

They have (for like the 4th time now), pushed back the rollout date where they start replacing these airbags, now back to June 2019.

As they are NOT Alpha inflators used, they are not required by government to have them replaced in 05-09 Astras by the Dec 2020 deadline.

Holden have claimed every single time the delay (which has been ongoing since early 2018) is due to parts avaiability, however I have been told the parts are identical to those used in current Astras (i.e the parts have not changed since AH 2005). Hence parts availability isn't the issue.

I firmly believe Holden are delaying replacement as all Astras yet to have them actioned are out of dealer warranty, and they are hoping more and more are written off to lower the number they need to replace.

Meanwhile anyone owning such a vehicle just need hope and pray they don't cop a fatal airbag blow to the face.

Nice that Holden has so much concern for their customers.

This will be my last Holden as a result.