Hey all! I've had my Astra for a year and a half now, it's my first car and I've been lurking forums ever since I had my first issue with the car, which was about a year and a half ago 🙃. Can't remember what it was, but having no knowledge or understanding of cars, I have to say it's been quite a ride and I've learned a lot. It's been burning oil since I've owned it (at "116,000"km), one of the exhaust manifold studs broke off making my car sound like a diesel, one of the oil lines for the roof ruptured and sprayed oil everywhere, the alternator died, had misfiring issues from a bad coil pack, bad aircon clutch coil for the compressor and more... all that I fixed mostly on my own thanks to you guys in the forums! Since nobody has posted an entire guide on how to rebuild a zlet engine though, I think she'll continue to smoke until I have the money to pay somebody to fix her up. Not sure if I'll go down the route of big power increases with the astra or not at this stage but I would like to do the 1.8 airbox mod for some extra noise but I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing with the pcv system and how I'll install it into a silicon hose. Getting the vxr turbo may also be a necessity in the near future too since we found a bit of play in the turbine wheel and from what I've seen they're easier to source than the standard zlet turbos and are more fun anyway.
Anyways, in short, huge thank you to all the active and past members who made OpelAus what it is.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!