Thread: G'day from WA

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'day from WA

Hi Fellow Opel's...
    One year ago, I finished rebuilding the engine, followed closely by the transmission on a 2001 Astra TS in time for my daughter to get her "P" plates and have a decent car to drive around in.
    It runs like a charm and she is super happy with it. If only she knew the amount of time, effort and hair loss it took to get it to this, but was worth it all to see how proud she is of it.
    Now my son (15yo) has convinced me to take the next step and start getting a car ready for him.... He had the pick of any car under $1k as long as he was willing to help me fix it up (if required).
    So now I'm the proud owner of an unregistered 2004 Holden Vectra ZC 4 cylinder 2.2lt 5 speed auto, that I like to call "NowWhatTha!".
    Don't get me wrong, it purrs like a kitten, runs like a cheetah and has the grunt of a malley bull, or at least it did when we picked it up.
    Now if it starts, it won't engage any gears and if it does manage to, it's only for about 30 seconds.
    Just when my OpCom and internet was about 2 more reads from melting down, with me being close behind it, my tech savvy son hands me the laptop with OpelAus Forums open and say's "I'm sure someone here can help you keep your marbles".
    Cheeky little fellow he is.
    And so the journey begins. On the plus side, I have learnt a lot from the Astra, even more on the Vectra and am happy to share what ever I have to help others and am keen to learn from those that have travelled this road before.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to oa

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guy

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with your problem but surely someone on here might assist you in some way.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dutchy. I have done a bit of a search, but could not find anything as yet.
    Might need to start a post to see if there is anyone out there?

Thread Information