Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highway Patrol Radars

Hey everybody,

Is anybody familiar with how acurate the radars are in the Highway Patrol cars. but more to the point, how often are they wrong / proven wrong? (from a legal side of things)

The reason i ask....there is no way i was going as fast as it said i was, yes i increase my speed from 90kms/h to 110kms/h in a 90kms/h speed zone

According to the police officer i increased my speed from 90kms/h to 140kms/h in a distance of qoute "an estimated 150m" ....I highly doubt a 1.8l astra with no engine mods is capable of such a speed increase in that distance.

He gave me an on the spot suspension of 14days for driving in a manner dangerous, and im going to court.

Please, if anybody knows any information that could help me out, please post it.

Thanks heaps

Robbie
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get your car tested for speedo accuracy.... It may be majorly out... I'm not sure if when in court you can request the radar be tested for accuracy, usually they are spot on (as in perfect)......

Did you ask to see the radar? I believe you can... and they can't book you without evidence... and to be doing EXACTLY 140km/h is wierd... i'd guess 139, 141, etc not spot on, sounds like he was guessing TBH...
    Aaron
    Astra SRi 2003
    Lumma Grill
    Headlight eyelids
    Colour Coding
    Turbo Mags
    Eibach
    LED dash/interior
    ICE Click here to enlarge
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate grab a copy of the latest issue of Motor magazine and turn to page 132.....there's something in there about this EXACT SAME THING!!!!

neway; they recommend u go after something called a "section 10" which means u agree with being found guilty, BUT NO CONVICTION IS RECORDED AND U ARE NOT FINED!

read about it; good stuff; ask ur lawyer too
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a while back there was something on the news, radars are often not accurate when used on hills or bends etc.

they are only to be used in a dead straight road.

anyway, the cop sounds like he had something against you or was having a majorly bad day and you crossed paths.

but yeah put up a good fight with them, i cant stress this enough. when people just pay the fine, it only gives them greater power to do whatever the heck they want with the laws and what they consider as "nessecary".. for example, all these new speed cameras being put in roads that have no accident history and so it cannot be said that it is to keep that road under surveilance for safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah, as to zoidberg's statement of how he highly doubts a 1.8l astra with no engine mods can pull from 90km/h to 140km/h in the space of 150m.....i can manage that if only just, but it is possible....but i see wat ur saying; i had to drive like i was a bank robber to acheive it....
    17x7in Shadow Black Advanti Stalkers
    DBA Slotted Rotors
    Lucas pads
    Customised King Springs
    KYB Shocks
    Sound
    Tint
    Opelised
    Viper Custom Alarm

Crossfire

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys

Thanx for the replies guys. It's in my solicitors hands now, at least he says that some of the aleged facts he can use in my favour.

Robbie

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Highway Patrol Radars

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zoidberg

He gave me an on the spot suspension of 14days for driving in a manner dangerous, and im going to court.

Robbie
    So there was no indicated speed on the ticket? Looks like the officer didn't have a reading but thought you should be booked anyway.
    :::
    ::
    :
    Click here to enlarge

"I'm designing an auditorium for a 12 cylinder orchestra..."
    -Luc Donckerwolke on the Murciélago

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have to remember the other cars on the road. If there were other cars close to you then the officer shouldn't have charged you.

Other things... high power wires close by. Train tracks... anything that may give a false reading.

Chris Kalpage is the solicitor to see. Expert in that area.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High Power Lines?.............it happened right next to a sub station, literally outside its driveway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you see the radar, if you did and the numbers were flashing then it was a false reading, or is it if they are not flashing but i know its one of the two.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Thread Information