Thread: Vectra V6 ECU

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vectra V6 ECU

I'm looking at a Vectra C 3.2 V6 engine for a conversion. I need to know if I can get it with the ecu and bypass the security side of things. From Google it seems the ecu is mounted on the engine block on top. Is this correct? I need to know what extras I need beside the engine.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your biggest issue with the Vectra C ECU is the fact the entire Vectra C is controlled through a full CANBUS protocol. To swap this engine into anything other than a Vectra C, you'd be better off running the Vectra B Y26SE (2.6 V6) ECU, looms, transponder ring and key chips. It does work and I'm not sure if the ECU needs flashing or not, although I know with some Opel ECUs, engine capacity doesn't always matter too much when it comes to the ECU tuning. I know this as when I did the Z18XE swap into my old Corsa GSi, basically kept the 1.6's ECU in place and practically just slipped a 1.8 in. Even with the 1.8's injectors, it was still overfuelling a little, but it wasn't leaning out at all. CANBUS is a pain in the arse and not worth the effort. Using the Vectra B's ECU, from the same car get the transponder ring from around the ignition barrel and at least one chip from the key of the same vehicle. This way, you still have the factory immobiliser, but it will work without trying to bypass the security.

As for extras, with the Y26SE engine, it also uses a drive-by-wire throttle, but behind the accelerator pedal on the DBW throttle Vectra B (JR/JS model), is an accelerator pedal position sensor. Basically converts analog pedal signal into a digital signal for the throttle. Not hard to fabricate a bracket to attach the throttle cable to.

Also from the Y26SE, grab the intake manifold, rocker covers, throttle body, looms and sensors. They should all bolt to the Z32SE as they're the same block.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks that's the information I was looking for. I had read something about the canbus but not in regards to engine swap. I see others have used the 2.5 manifolds etc. I can see why now. They want 350 for the engine with 237000 km. I could start it and it seemed to run ok. No coolant in the oil. Seems like a good candidate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I understand the 3.2 correctly it has no variable valve timing system etc? So it should be fairly simple to run an aftermarket ecu?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could I use something like a delco ecu out of a v6 commodore and adapt it to the vectra engine. The commodore ecu seems to be quite tunable in Australia.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    you will need to go full aftermarket on the ecu unless you stay with the stock ecu.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xauterus Click here to enlarge
    If I understand the 3.2 correctly it has no variable valve timing system etc? So it should be fairly simple to run an aftermarket ecu?
    Yes, you would be correct there. Still, I'd probably use the 2.5 manifold and throttle body.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xauterus Click here to enlarge
    Could I use something like a delco ecu out of a v6 commodore and adapt it to the vectra engine. The commodore ecu seems to be quite tunable in Australia.
    If you're going to go that far as to messing around adapting old school Delco ECUs, you may as well spring for an aftermarket ECU. Less hassles in the long run and if you go with something like a Haltech, pretty much every tuner in the country can tune them these days.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have messaged a delco tuner on the commodore forums and he seems to think it will work with the right trigger set up. There's no vvti to worry about. The ecu is reasonably tunable. I'm looking at a poor man's alternative. An experiment in being cheap.

Thread Information