I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from a complete newbie to Vauxhall

Hi, I am looking at getting a barina sb or c and doing the 3.2 Vectra swap. Would like any advice people have.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I hope I can learn much.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome along. 3.2 is a bit of chocolate engine from what I read. Personally, in the V6 range, you'd probably want the X25XE or Y26SE. Saab B308 from the 9000 is also basically the 3.0 X30XE with a single turbo producing a whopping 3.6psi of boost.

But to make the 3.2 work, you practically need to bolt rocker covers and intake manifold from the 2.6 Y26SE, gearbox I believe maybe the F25, but apparently some will bolt on a F20 Calibra box. In the Corsa B/Barina SB, you need to modify the cowling over the firewall and custom exhaust manifolds to clear the steering rack.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I have been reading about the v6 I have read about more of its issues like the oil cooler under the valley. I read about a build on a cadillac site that suggested 2.5 Saab heads and the G cams.

Would the F23 gearbox bolt to the v6? Do all the v6 engines share the same bolt pattern? I have come from toyota where they love different patterns.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ideally, it's almost easier to stick to a four pot in the Corsa B. Z18XE is a relatively easy swap if you can find a GSi to swipe the ECU and looms from. C20XE, probably along with it's turbocharged cousin, the C20LET are popular swaps, although the engines are a bit long in the tooth now. Z20LET is possible, and I think M-Tech are making off the shelf parts to fit them now. Other swap, kinda left of field and I'm sure there's no one here in Australia that's done it yet, is the 2.0L Saab B204 engine, in NA or Turbo form. They bolt to Opel/Vaux gearboxes too.

Yeah, I know pretty much all the four cyl boxes are somewhat interchangeable. I'm not sure about the V6s, but I think if you fit the F23, you may need a C20 or Z20 flywheel and I would recommend the C20LET clutch. F23s are also hydraulic clutch, whereas the F20, F25 and F28 boxes are cable clutch. If you could get your hands on a F28 box, do it. It's not only an easier fit to the Corsa B than the F23, but is six speed and probably the strongest box you can get. Only problem with the F28? We only got them in the Calibra Turbo and only 97 of them were landed in Australia. I'm sure most are scrap by now too.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Thread Information