Hello,
I have a 2007 Sri-t, which makes a whirring sound which is quite specific. Sounds a bit like a badly earthed stereo kind of sound. I've taken it to my local garage, who told me after not much investigation, all astras sound like that. That may well be true, but I'm not convinced.

The sound occurs with engine revs, between 1500 and 2700 rpm. The speed of the car doesn't change it, and it occurs at staionary as well. It happens in all gears, and with the clutch in or in neutral. So between those rev ranges, the sound is the same if I'm in 5th on the freeway, or in 3rd in the back steets, or any combination between. Its loud enough that it is louder than the engine.

My thoughts are something that spins is noisy, like a pully etc. Do other owners have similar noise? I'm fine it they do; I'll just turn the stereo up! I just don't want to miss a water pump dying or something. I've had a listen around the engine bay, and the noise is hard to pin point. Has had timing belt done, and new clutch.

Thanks for any help Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!