I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to get a headunit becoming a headdesk.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my head unit (CD30) to something that will take Bluetooth calls and music streaming...

I really don't want to go overboard, was thinking a nice little Pioneer or Alpine setup but I also came across this in my travels:

http://www.incarconnections.co.uk/va...tavxbt001.html

Would it be worth it?

Or better to get something off the shelf and installed by JB (YEA!!! I'm THAT lazy.)
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks interesting. I haven't seen it before.

My 2006 SRi Turbo doesn't have the MP3 one and I don't have AUX as well so it wouldn't work in mine.

I think the main thing with going Pioneer or Alpine is how many of the car functions would you lose such as access to menus etc. I know you can get an adaptor to keep the steering controls working.

The other option is to look at ones that were made specifically for these cars such as the VXMMI, Eonon and Zenec but these are now quite old and some are not available anymore.

I have also seen some Android ones which are supposed to be car specific as well and offer things like 4G and WiFi. There was a thread not long ago about one but the person never got back to say how well it was working for them.
    Take care,
    Haroon

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't find where I saw the Android ones now but YouTube has a bunch of videos showing different head units and some of the more newer stuff.
    Take care,
    Haroon

Thread Information