Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    😂😂😂 just wait and see what happens. The announcement is still fresh and more details will be revealed in due time. As i understood, they will be keeping the Opels separate, jobs will be kept, new models developed and production upped. Can only be good in my opinion 😀 better with PSA than to become part of a certain Chinese or Indian group.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indeed! I read a report that Opel will have to switch from the GM platform Architecture to the PSA platform. So that being the case I'd imagine that does open the door to the AWD OPC. But yes Opel will be run as a separate German brand

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the OPC version will share the same engine as the 308 GTI 1.6 turbo which has had great reviews in terms of engine performance from a 1.6T
    2013 Astra Sports Tourer. 1.6T. Auto. Phantom Grey. GlossBlack Vinyl Roof, Dark Streetlegal tints, OEM 19 wheels, LED: DRLs; H7 low beams; foglights; plate lights; interior lights, Shark fin FM aerial, Smoked side repeaters + chrome bulbs, OEM glovebox shelf, OEM sunglass holder, OEM Astra Mats, EDS phase 1 tune, Pipercross Panel Filter, Aluminium sport pedals, DBA T2 brake rotors, turbosmart BOV
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...-Sports-Tourer

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what has been read in the press so far. It's is looking quite good & maybe better run than how GM was running them.
    Hopefully they can still supply Holden after the current model contract is finished. Could be some really great cars coming

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Platform sharing between PSA and Opel will no doubt happen. It'll cut costs right down, so it's a no brainer. That's probably not a bad for the Opel engineers and management either. Between Opel/Vauxhall/Saab and GM, there's been a lot of tension over the years. For example, the platform that GM said that Opel should use for the Vectra C was flat out rejected by Opel engineers because they thought it was rubbish. Sure enough, the Vectra C wasn't the best thing Opel developed, but it could've been far worse. Saab did the same thing to GM, Saab were losing money on selling cars, because of the R&D they put in to them, as well as the quality of the final product. That's what undid Saab in the end, which GM sold off in an attempt to stem the bleeding from Opel/Vauxhalls books.

When it comes to RHD cars, the South Korean crap we're likely to get badged as Holdens won't be that viable, it's hardly worth developing platforms to cater to what is otherwise a small market for RHD on a global scale. So if Holden stays under GM ownership, they'll probably continue to source cars from PSA/Opel for some years to come. But if the other rumour I heard was true, that GM sold off it's European operations to fund a purchase of the big slice of the shares in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, there'd probably be a deal there to have some of their RHD stuff fill a void here. Either way, Holden's days are numbered. If not for the uncertainty the future brings, but for the damage that is being done by ceasing manufacturing here.

But the interesting part would be though, would PSA dare launch the Opel brand here again, after Holden already screwed it the first time?
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I heard that same rumor Chris about Fiat. Hmmm new Astra OPC housing a 6.3 litre F140 CF engine..... Click here to enlarge
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    I heard that same rumor Chris about Fiat. Hmmm new Astra OPC housing a 6.3 litre F140 CF engine..... Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but could it ever be as fapworthy as the trusty ol' Z20LEx?
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but could it ever be as fapworthy as the trusty ol' Z20LEx?
    There's only 1 real Daisy Duke.... but I could also fap all over a Ferrari engine without any problems whatsoever Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And now PSA also eyeballing Proton - Lotus..... do these guys print their own money ???!!!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    And now PSA also eyeballing Proton - Lotus..... do these guys print their own money ???!!!
    They must do, isn't Proton owned by the Malaysian government or something?

Thread Information