I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newby hello / 2001 Astra / Throttle body needs replacing?

Hey all,
    I have a 2001 Astra (City) and love the car. i live in Sydney and have had the car since new (relatively low milage with regular servicing) . I joined over the w/e because I was looking for info on throttle bodies and found heaps of useful stuff and am just introducing myself.

Re the throttle body; it's been sticky and and I've cleaned it in place a couple of times. After reading up somewhat and now getting it out (it's clean), I think I need a newThrottle body .... if anyone has any suggestions as to good suppliers that would be most welcome.

Re replacement; I think I need to replace the unit because there seems to be something 'rattling' about in the electric (sealed) end (I have taken the throttle body out). In or out the valve operation has been randomly smooth (good) or 'grindy' or stuck and I'm thinking that what ever is 'rattling' about is getting in the way (of something) and causing the grinding / sticking when this happens. I could have done this to myself while cleaning (moved the valve to do this) but now with the side with the electric throttle control sealed I can't see how I can look at / diagnose / fix the problem and so think I'll have to replace it, suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the wreckers mate, you will get a good deal there and they are in reasonable condition most of the time. If you have bigger and greater plans for your car and love it to bits get a new one.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate, no grand plans for the car, it's good to know about the likely condition so that's what I'll do.

Thread Information