OpelAus Forum Regular rodsfromday's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on Calibra

Hey
    Its been a while since i posted after losing the Astra to an accident. Been more into the BMW scene of late. But i do have a soft spot for my Opels. Just wanting to know. I can get a Calibra for about $300. The car says car goes but has been standing for a while. Sunroof needs re aligning apparently. I have still to go and view the car. I would like to get it to a point where either my wife, daughter or son can just jump into it and drive without fear of breaking down. I want to have it in perfect driving condition. Is it doable without spending a fortune,would like to turbo also, or do i just look for an Astra SR-T? Budget around 5K or am i dreaming?
    Thanx guys
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2004 Astra SXi Black,Kenwood KDC-X9006U Head unit,12' RF sub,Pioneer amp,RF sunstrip,Midnight Express Tints,Eibach Pro-Kit,18" Apec ASUS + OPELISE.
    Click here to enlarge
    [/url]

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I have been through a few variants of Opel's my faverite being the corsa b currently building one for track use, this runs the c20xe (pre ecotec calibra motor) I have also owned an Astra sri turbo was an awesome car 5k will get you one in good condition they are a strong engine and run great with regular servicing (like anything) also produce decent power as factory, I have 3 Calibras 2 NA C20xe and I FI C20LET 2 of 3 are wrecks I have parted out mostly for myself and the track build car but one of the NA Calibra I have is in good condition just has a water leak the car owes me $400 and have spent $300ish on parts (timing belt, waterpump & core plugs) haven't had a chance to do the work yet but plan on getting it on the road and try to re sell to someone that can enjoy it, point being is that I see potential in them and if regular maintence is carried out and it's well looked after it will last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information