Hey

I'm a big greenie who also happens to enjoy cars. "Petrolhead" has been a term that always makes me cringe when I show any interest in cars.

I know there's a lot of (legacy?) (dis?)information about ethanol out there but the content of this video:

seems to make a lot of sense and I've read small chunks of info elsewhere.

Whether you're a greenie or you just want the performance boost, or like me ... both, having watched the above video, what are you thoughts on running a Corsarina (x)C on a blend of 50% E85 and 50% E10 or regular unleaded?

I'm particularly curious based on the following points:

1. Cars as far back as Model T Ford were designed to use petrol OR ethanol.
  2. US cars have had to be E85 capable since 1992 and Opel is a GM (US) influenced manufacturer (isn't it?)
  3. I have at least one United E85 station not super far away Click here to enlarge

I wonder if I could try the above blend (50/50 E85/E10) now without any modifications to my car? Before you potentially suggest that's mad, know that I've read of people doing just that without major issues. Admittedly those people are arguably more economy/green conscious than car conscious ... though I doubt any of them are happy to 'blow up' their daily runners and have to buy a new one/source a whole new engine and so forth.

Interested in all thoughts. Apologies if this topic has been already discussed here. Feel free to point me to that thread and/or delete this post if it has.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!