I'm new here, please be nice Riggsy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help... and advice sri-t

Hi guys, I seen somewhere on here I'm sure that there is a line around the the intake that you can block which prevents the turbo bleeding off at low throttle and gives full boost in 1st and 2nd...... has anyone done it? Is it worth it.... pros and cons?
    Can't find the tread anywhere and I'm new to turbos. Any advice would be much appreciated, cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look up "rear BCS bypass" for more info. Lot's of guys do it, but my personal opinion is that it's only really worth it on a stock one. Once you start making bigger power it's just too much for first and 2nd anyway and it ends up just spinning tires and making it hard to get any traction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Look up "rear BCS bypass" for more info. Lot's of guys do it, but my personal opinion is that it's only really worth it on a stock one. Once you start making bigger power it's just too much for first and 2nd anyway and it ends up just spinning tires and making it hard to get any traction.
    Awesome, that's the one!! Mines a stocker ATM, only just bought it so am keen to give it a go. Should give me the bit of oomf for a few weeks till I get the funds back up. Will defs put it back after some more work.
    Thanks heaps!!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Leave it alone, not really worth it and not giving the oomf you might expect. Get a stage 1 tune instead.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Leave it alone, not really worth it and not giving the oomf you might expect. Get a stage 1 tune instead.

Haha just did it lol wasn't expecting any power gains, but solved a hissing noise I was hearing... some of the vac lines were perished and broken, hiss is now gone, the annoying boost bleed at low throttle % is gone and the loud turbo flutter is now a softer cleaner whoosh... but still loud enough to satisfy. Overall I'm very happy with the change in drivability. Will definitely keep me satisfied till the funds build up for an exhaust and tune.
    Somehow I feel the poor Clubby will have to wait a while for its parts as I'm really finding this Sri-t a fun little machine

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Those lines, specially the sleeves, will dry out and crack over time. A few meters of new vac lines will sort that out.

Last edited by dutchy; 5th January 2017 at 09:08 PM.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information