Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought?? Anyone Tried Them?? Spark Plugs??

Has anyone either seen these before or have even tried them??

I was doing a bit of googling, as you do. About running the Z18XE on E10 fuel. And these came up. http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detai...ine-serial-nr-

I am already running Denso Iridium Twin Tip plugs. Which as made quite a difference I must add
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DENSO-IRI...8AAOSwuMFUl36K

They do mentioned that they are also good for normal fuel as well, not just Ethanol blend.

Interesting or as they say "Just Bullsh!t"
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a good excuse for a run on a dyno to do a before and after comparison? 😁 Seat of the pants suggestions might be misleading when your talking a few percent but you never know 👍

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    2013 Opel Astra Tourer - 2.0 Turbo Diesel

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, sceptic here. wouldn't the extra power be due to ethanol ? couple that with a hi-clone and you'll see even more gains Click here to enlarge but you can always try and get a before and after dyno
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect the ethanol would be a big factor in the power boost. The only problem would be the loss in efficiency in that E85 apparently provides a substantial power boost, but requires more fuel to go the same distance (and not necessarily just because us drivers get excited and a bit lead footed).

Whether those sparks can deliver those claims is one thing, but AFAIK E85 is a genuine option in many scenarios now. United sell it and the V8 Dodgemcars use it. The boys from MightyCarMods did a very good video on the topic:

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pd-xc-72464118 Click here to enlarge
    I expect the ethanol would be a big factor in the power boost. The only problem would be the loss in efficiency in that E85 apparently provides a substantial power boost, but requires more fuel to go the same distance (and not necessarily just because us drivers get excited and a bit lead footed).

Whether those sparks can deliver those claims is one thing, but AFAIK E85 is a genuine option in many scenarios now. United sell it and the V8 Dodgemcars use it. The boys from MightyCarMods did a very good video on the topic:

I get 270kms to a tank on E85 city driving 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    400 on 98Ron

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    I get 270kms to a tank on E85 city driving 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    400 on 98Ron

WOW, 270 ks only?!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes sir. That's including warming up every time I drive and some spirited acceleration most chances I get.
    But yes E85 twin pumps and 1000cc injectors makes little work of the fuel. Still last me 2 weeks tho

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Feneca

That's very interesting. Which car are you driving when you get these figures? The VXR or Astra in your post signature?

Sounds a bit like the 30-40% drop in economy though maye you could wax 300 out of a tank with a little less kick behind your right foot? Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, in case you've not seen it, I started this thread:

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...arina-(x)C-now

You guys might be interested in contributing? Would be good to read your thoughts.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That 270 was to a full tank with refuelling just before the light would normally come on in the VXR. So could probably make it to 300 at a stretch. But below a quarter of a tank I noticed everytime i started the car after a drive it out out a plume if smoke. Which stopped happening once I filled it up again.

My car is making 300+kwatw and has a twin 380lph fuel pumps along side a 340lph in tank. So it's pumping a fair amount t of fuel. That also is unlikely to help me lol

Thread Information