Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AH Astra SRi Turbo Mods

Ive just sold my VS Calais and Im looking at buying an Astra. Im not familiar with this platform as I have been familiar with the commodore platform for quite sometime now....Anyways I was wanting to know what can be done to these cars to get them performing. I dont want anything crazy I just want a few basic mods that will improve performance. Im not wanting to spend more than 3k. What are some mods that are worth it and that improve performance?. Also if anyone could give me advice on improving the handling of the car. Its all good to have a fast car but no point if you cant stop and corner.. Thanks in advance!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    HOLDENLOVER1998 Was already taken....

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from a VS SS to my Astra turbo a bit over 3 years ago and could never go back to driving one. For mods you have a few choices, basically you need a intercooler and exhaust if you plan on increasing the boost, you will also need to remap the car. Probably looking at 3k to get you at that point. Will up your power from 200hp to 250hp at the flywheel.

From there you can get a vxr turbo unit and vxr air flow metre and injectors, that will take you closer to 300hp and basically be the limit of the stock engine internals. Probably another $1500 to do that if you are handy with the spanners.

For handling most people go coilovers or an eibach / bilstein spring shock combo and a white line rear anti roll Bar. The stock brakes are fine unless you are tracking the car.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply! Would you also be able to tell me what the difference is between the HSV VXR and the AH SRi Turbo?? To get those power figures wouldit be basic or are engine internals different also?

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vxr has different internals but is limited by the rods also a different turbo with higher AR. Comes with bigger brakes bigger injectors and bigger air flow metre, also has recarro interior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With those differences would it be possible for an SRi turbo to keep up with a VXR if I change the things you suggested? I dont want to do any crazy internal work I just want to work with what ive got

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

AH Astra SRi Turbo Mods

With the above mods you will keep up with or be slightly ahead of a stock VXR yes but with the same modifications to improve the VXR you'll be left behind. I managed 280whp before my engine needed forging.
    VXR has under piston oil squirters as well to keep things a little cooler.
    VXR with an Intercooler and exhaust and you'll be looking at 350hp at the fly with correct tune and increased boost pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faneca; 31st October 2016 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VXR has Recaro seats!!!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport Alpine White
    2010 MY10 VW R36 Wagon Biscay Blue
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone suggest a few mods that they have done that has improved performance

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of us have ride threads you can follow. Mine is in my bio below. Feel free to have a look and comment your thoughts

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intercooler, exhaust, remap using eds ipf flash tool, then vxr turbo, vxr injectors, vxr air flow metre.

Thread Information