Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'day from a beginner

Hi,

I've recently been road tripping through the USA in a super old crappy chevy pickup. having had to maintain it until it finally died completely I have been motivated to maintain my car as much as i can instead of heading to the mechanic every time.

I'm cruising in a 03 Holden Astra 2.2L Sri 3dr catch manual.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome 😀

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I just did my first oil (and filter) change. Great success!

I'm about to replace my rocker cover gasket. Would either of you by any chance know where I could find a free online copy of the haynes repair manual for my ride?
    I just want to make sure I get the torque levels right because I found something that said they should be 9-10Nm and my instinct tells me thats a bit too low.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think its actually 8nm. Literally nipped up finger tight. Too tight and the cover will actually warp and leak worse than before the gaskey change

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really that light? I know that some rocker covers are metal and some are plastic. Does that make a difference? Mine is metal

Thanks for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA! Nice to see another TS SRi 2.2L member here Click here to enlarge
    What changes have you got planned for it?

Torque for rocker cover to cylinder head is 9Nm
    00031676-Torque Guidelines (Z22SE).pdf
    '02 Astra 2.2 SRi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks daaaaavek!
    Not too much I mainly want to have this oil leak fixed and then I think a few minor things. The front bumper got grazed/hit (and the driver didn't even leave a note!) and now that has kind of come out just under the headlights so I'm going try and figure out how to fix that. It looks like the connection/hole that the rivet when through got ripped open :/ the bonnet paint has sun damage (i think thats what it is, the paint or top clear coat looks to be coming off while i was a way and is quite sizeable. So i will try and get it looking better again.

I think my alternator or starter motor has seen better days so I'm going to look into that and maybe replace it. But i think the way the engine is set up they are a bit lower down so that doesn't sound like its going to be as cruizy as the chevy.

Other than that I was thinking of maybe putting in a new radio with a usb/aux input.

So if you have any tips or warnings regarding any of these things, please let me know!

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome along! Few plans in order I see!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Thread Information